Sunday, February 5, 2017

Dreaming in a Blue Deja Vu

artist unknown















dreaming of you, can it be true
vivid visions before my eyes
captured in early morning dew
revealing familiar blue skies

bumpy roads some traveled before
just can't seem to make any ground
in a haze, my wings long to soar
listening for that special sound

always caught in this feeling
I'm dreaming, I'm dreaming
I'm dreaming in a blue deja vu
I'm dreaming in a blue deja vu

can't you see, it's always been you
wandering lost somewhere in time
open your heart you'll feel it too
our story in passionate rhymes

dreaming under a starry sky
my heart has traveled here before
what do these visions signify
seems, I'm always yearning for more

always caught in this feeling
I'm dreaming, I'm dreaming
I'm dreaming in a blue deja vu
I'm dreaming in a blue deja vu

this uncanny feeling of you
a witness in some other place
billowing clouds come into view
forming an outline of your face

tracing your features with my mind
tuning your frequency with mine
essence of our aura entwined
beyond stars, universe aligns

always caught in this feeling
I'm dreaming, I'm dreaming
I'm dreaming in a blue deja vu
I'm dreaming in a blue deja vu

tell me, tell me can you feel it too
this dreamy state of blue deja vu

sharing with Poets United Pantry 339 
Thank you for visiting

26 comments:

  1. That would make a wonderful song! Dreaming of someone just out of reach...

    ReplyDelete
  2. first four lines are my fave

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sense of deja vu can sure ring true, as do the words that flew from you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Luv the chant in between verses. A very happy Sunday to you

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Can't you see, it's always been you...." I like the sense of them having met before, in a past life, recognizing each other in this one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Alex, this could be a song. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful love poem... sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is soooo dreamy!!!❤️

    ReplyDelete
  9. I read this as a song, too. This would make a spectacular song. You ever need a manager, you know who to ask...

    ReplyDelete
  10. So very romantic and dreamy...the idea of being able to trace someone's features with your mind...and to have a story in passionate rhymes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a treat to read aloud. I found myself bobbing my head and everything. Such a yummy rhythm.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh there is beauty in those dreams.....one must lever lose the ability to escape into one's dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing composed song. Who cannot be taken to dreams of Deja Vu by it?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very beautiful. It takes you to a dreamy place. Great imagery. I could see Cold Play performing this song. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  15. a blue deja vu sounds beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  16. In answer to your question, Yes! I can feel it too. Beautifully written Truedessa.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I thought the same thing--that this could be set as a song--beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ah! That's lovely. I too got captured in that feeling reading this verse. :-)
    -HA

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely and mesmerizing - what that wisp of venerability ... that is love - sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I too thought of its potential as a song.

    ReplyDelete
  21. yes, i agree that the poem has the potential as a song.. it is a real delight to read. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Monday WRites #95 is live, you are invited to link up

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  23. I really like the way you have used a chorus with the stanzas. The overall effect is very dreamy.

    ReplyDelete
  24. It would be nice if The Other could feel it too...

    ReplyDelete
  25. Could it be....? Blue and dreams.... Or am I just imagining the unimaginable at my tree?

    ReplyDelete