Saturday, September 16, 2017

I'll Give You This Song




google - images












searching for you in the depth of night
crossing realms into our parallel world
lying in your arms, everything felt right
in stillness, romantic thoughts swirled

I'll give you this song it's all I've got
I'll give you my heart and that's a lot

surrendering my love, traveling fast
sharing my soul, sometimes I cried
wondering if the magic would last
in the dead of night, part of me died

if this is a dream, forget me not
if this is a dream, wake me not
if this is a dream we've shared a lot
if this is a dream, we've loved a lot

I've watched your life twist and bend
an evolving star in this earthly show
when lights dimmed, I was your friend
always on the sideline, never front row

I'll give you this song it's all I've got
I'll give you my heart and that's a lot

caught in mists of suspended reality
afraid to open my eyes, fear of losing you
breaking the boundaries of normality
tell me our wondrous journey was true

if this is a dream, forget me not
if this is a dream, wake me not
if this is a dream we've shared a lot
if this is a dream, we've loved a lot

searching for you in the depth of night
crossing realms into our parallel world
lying in your arms, everything felt right
in stillness, romantic thoughts swirled

I'll give you this song it's all I've got
I'll give you my heart and that's a lot

surrendering my love, waves of delight
waiting for you in our secret place
on wide wings my heart takes flight
soft fingertips, outline your face
  
if this is a dream, forget me not
if this is a dream, wake me not
if this is a dream we've shared a lot
if this is a dream, we've loved a lot

 I'll give you this song it's all I've got
I'll give you my heart and that's a lot

 twas, just a dream it seems

17 comments:

  1. This is amazing! dreamlike and what a romantic environ. I truly like your writing style, it gives soul and sweetness to the poetry. For me poetry should always be the one which fills us with happiness and wonder and we forget the worldly affairs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SO moving and beautiful. "I'll give you this song, it's all I've got".......so much love in this poem, and sadness too that that much love did not merit that front row seat. One of my favourites of yours, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure a dream to grasp from beginning to end. This one would truly make a great tune too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Well composed lyrical poem. ...and there we were singing along with you. Then you remind us it was just a song (dream).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, those are lyrics to an unsung song. And one anyone in love would want to hear from his lover. Very moving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree it is like a song....it flows like music...beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, it was quite a dream ... and so beautifully portrayed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thia truly is a song ... some wonderful lines/lyrics in this. If you are not already a lyricist (at least part-time) your calling is knocking.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The heart is a lot, indeed... It's everything. Such a gift to give (and receive).

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is absolutely stunning!! Especially love; "surrendering my love, waves of delight waiting for you in our secret place on wide wings my heart takes flight soft fingertips, outline your face"...Beautifully executed.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful song lyrics; I could almost hear the music.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very dream like, would be a wonderful love song!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I certainly enjoyed your poetical lyrics and can hear soft acoustic guitar accompaniment to this. From the outset I enjoyed a mystical feel to your narrative too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really like the chorus in this poem....What beautifully expressed love - whether dream or reality.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this. A song, the gift of love, is possibly one of the greatest gifts we have to give another person.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a heartwarming poem and lovely form indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Giving your heart is everything! "In the dead of night, part of me died." ~ The perfect description of a heart rejected.

    ReplyDelete