Thursday, September 28, 2017

Un-Locking Dreams



I close my eyes to fall asleep
singing a song, a willow weeps
transformation, love sets the scene
opening my mind while I dream

I seek a place beyond the stars
where I know you are never far
tranquility, riding moonbeams
opening my mind while I dream

I close my eyes to fall asleep
wandering into darkness deep
finding light in sky rivers gleam
opening my mind while I dream

I seek a place beyond the stars
harmony in this world of ours
soaring on a dragon it seems
opening my mind while I dream

sharing with dVerse- Writing poetry about sleep
hosted by Frank

17 comments:

  1. I liked the repeating line. Sleep does seem to involve a transformation that is mind opening through dreaming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew you would be sleeping with dragons and you didn't disappoint

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Truedessa - unlocking dreams that would be amazing... and if we could carry some dreams forward ... still perhaps to dream and opening my mind is the way to go - a delightful poem - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  4. 💛 Being ourselves, thinking unorthodox. I enjoyed reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A little sleep and away you go. Dreaming as the dragon goes to and fro.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That had a really great rhythm to it. Keep dreaming those dragon dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sleeping wide-eyed, dreaming while wide awake, I love the way conscious and unconscious is mingled and merged in this poem.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "I seek a place beyond the stars; harmony in this world of ours" ... ah, yes, may it be!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love every line of this. Beautiful, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Must be great to dream and fly sky high.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I seek a place beyond the stars
    where I know you are never far

    Nice to know there are friends around. Very comforting, True!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful poem.

    Love,
    Janie Junebug

    ReplyDelete
  13. Excellent job with the imagery and writing. :) Just popping in to say hello!

    ReplyDelete
  14. the third stanza is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another beautiful piece! I don't know how you do it! But I enjoy your poems. I love falling asleep to dream. It's fascinating what the mind conjures when your eyes are closed.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooooooooo, Sky rivers, how perfect, I'll join you in those dream worlds any day

    ReplyDelete