Thursday, May 30, 2019

I Just Wanna Drive

Pixabay

Sitting in my car the sun is shining
sunroof open, Ray-Ban's on....
taking in the panoramic view
I'm feeling alive and I just wanna
drive, drive , drive....

Traveling the road searching for a
piece of yesterday....

The radio blasts out a memory
I hear your voice it's crisp and clear
and I wonder do you remember me
or have treasured dreams disappeared

now, I'm longing for a piece of yesterday
when rock n roll took center stage
at least the songs haven't gone away
withstanding time in a restless age

Sitting in my car the sun is shining
sunroof open, Ray- Ban's on....
taking in the panoramic view
I'm feeling alive and I just wanna
drive, drive , drive....

Traveling the road searching for a
piece of yesterday....

Sharing with dVerse

open link night

wip - This came to me driving recently
Thanks for visiting


22 comments:

  1. I love it. Drive on up here and we'll walk wild beaches. Smiles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to walk those wild beaches and commune with nature. It would be magical.

      Delete
  2. This needs a tune, and a driving guitar and a pounding drum beat. It's fabulous, the rhythm is so great, and it's so poignant, too. Don't we all feel like we're 20 when we're driving and the right song comes on the radio?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, Those warm days seem to just make me want to to set out on an adventure and road songs really set the mood.

      Delete
  3. Longing for a piece of yesterday can be addictive, can't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess it can, if you spend too much time longing and forget to live in the "now". The past is a part of who we are, the future is where we are heading and now is were we exist.

      Delete
  4. That drive can take you back but also forward, just have to put the drive in drive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol - Put it in drive and see where the road leads.

      Delete
  5. "And it's a half-past four and I'm shiftin gear". Ah the good ol days

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shifting gear into the future roads...

      Delete
  6. I like the thought of traveling the road. It gives hope that something new will appear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is true Frank, a new adventure down the road!

      Delete
  7. This is truly engaging ❤️ I especially like "at least the songs haven't gone away withstanding time in a restless age."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe some songs are ageless and can spark some happy or sad memories.

      Delete
  8. This is excellent!. A solid write. Well done

    ReplyDelete
  9. Music is such a huge trigger of memories. It's a blessing and curse, I think. I felt this poem as a song too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, some songs do trigger our memories for better or worse.

      Delete
  10. When you find the right music... life becomes a movie of your life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that is true Bjorn, the soundtrack of a journey.

      Delete
  11. I agree with Bjorn, my whole life is perceived through a cinematic filter. I only listen to classic rock, jazz and classical. Modern music and rap seems to be one note only.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes, I wonder who is the producer/writer of my dreams. It does sometimes feel like a full length film in the night.

      Delete