Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Blades of Grass

“I had never been so close to grass before. It towered above me and all around me, each blade tattooed with tiger-skins of sunlight. It was knife-edge, dark and a wicked green, thick as a forest and alive with grasshoppers that chirped and chattered, and leapt through the air like monkeys” (Cider with Rosie)

pixabay

                                                     
I lay in over-grown blades of grass
grasshoppers sing the moody blues
bird songs etched in the dewy earth
nesting in bare twigs out of view

sunlight flutters upon warm flesh
lost in a maze of shamrock green, I  wept
tigers prowled in thick lush fields
on the wings of June, we finally slept


written for dVerse writing to the 
prose of Laurie Lee hosted by
Laura.

form quatrain
I put my own spin on it


9 comments:

  1. I like the mystery of this, the peace and calm contrasting with tears.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, a peaceful setting with a touch of sorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. a charming rendition of Laurie Lee - I especially like the tigers yet somehow they do not interrupt the serenity you painted here. Thanks for joining the prompt Trudessa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. I especially like grasshoppers singing moody blues:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. In spite of the tigers you slept in peace...interesting take on Laurie Lee.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Somehow the tigers made me think of falling asleep dreaming on a grassy pillow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sure lots lurking but the dreamscape can suffice while the lurkers lurk in the tall grass.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful and tranquil place to be.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so beautiful! Thank you! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete