Monday, July 25, 2022

Misunderstood


Let us celebrate, glorious moonlight
high above the Douglas Firs at night
standing in the shadows with a dream
wishing to ride wondrous moonbeams
the magician the illusionist of fantasy
take me away from this tainted reality
to a realm where love reigns

The days of burning sunlight are here
and my path intersects with a deer
under shaded trees our souls meet
restless in the relentless noontide heat
traveling this wheel, thirsty for water
this bond of light between grows stronger
shall we dance for a bit of rain

Misunderstood the sun is burning us
will the moon and heavenly stars adjust
tickled by feathers of mystic creatures
ancient shaman wisdom of earliest teachers
how do you revive a wilting flower bloom
inhaling the rosier hints of summer perfume

On the beach of whispering angels, I surrender
remembering love was once sweet & tender
now, my dreams drift away with the rolling tide
lost in a sea of tears, my soul in sadness cries
dark clouds draw nearer, the sun disappears
in a brief moment an angel whisper in my ear
"and they could never tear us apart"


Never Tear Us Apart - INXS

 linking with earthweal

author's note: I am on a break but, this poem has been whispering in my ear....thank you for reading.. 

6 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful poem. I can feel the heat, and the sadness....and especially am struck by "how do you revive a wilting flower bloom" - which could refer to Mother Earth seething under intense heat - or a lost love that lingers in the heart. I like the angel's whisper - a love that was is love still, in memory. Lovely to see you posting, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The spiraling sadness with a touch of hope from the angel at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A sad, fierce loyalty here, belying blood ties from deep past to troubled future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 'take me away from this tainted reality

    to a realm where love reigns…' - Here's to this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. dancing for rain - we may as well dance, yes ? naught else brings the wet to dry California these days. ~

    ReplyDelete
  6. AnonymousJuly 29, 2022

    You have captured so much of how I feel about what's happening to the world because of climate change here. I too have that soul memory of a world where all is in balance yet the reality of the imbalances that confront us daily weighs heavily. Suzanne - Mapping Uncertainty

    ReplyDelete