Thursday, October 10, 2024

Wayward Star

 Free Shooting Star Sky vector and picture

Up the rugged path you will find the highest point of perspective.  Here on this sacred ground you will feel the ancestors from days past.  In the stillness, there is  a presence whispering praises of hope up to the desolate moon.

The great horned owl perched high in the white birch tree eyes the travelers who dare to sojourn up to the summit.  The maples and oaks shake off their dying leaves in silence, only to be heard again beneath the crunching of weary feet.  The air smells of earthly and woodsy scents.

There you can see a very small patch of dark blue, framed by a little branch, pinned up by a naughty star orbiting to its own beat in the vast universe.  Climbing to the highest destination to catch a glimpse of a wayward star.  I ponder, can you tame a star? They are unique and their true beauty is in their shiny imperfections.


linking with dVerse
open link night - Hosted by Sanaa

I missed an earlier prompt this week dVerse Prosery hosted by Kim
The challenge to write prosery incorporating the following lines


“There you can see a very small patch
Of dark blue, framed by a little branch,
Pinned up by a naughty star”

24 comments:

  1. Oh wow, this is so good and I love the way you used the line. So beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for reading and commenting.

      Delete
  2. I’m so glad you wrote a piece of Prosery and shared it on OLN, Truedessa. I love the title, and the way you invoke ‘ancestors from days past’ and ‘the great horned owl perched high in the white birch’. Your words appeal to all the senses, especially: ‘maples and oaks shake off their dying leaves in silence only to be heard again beneath the crunching of weary feet' and 'air smell of earthly and woodsy scents.'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kim, thank you for taking the time to read and highlighting the parts you enjoyed. Much appreciated.

      Delete
  3. Excellent! And I bet you could tame a star.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alex, I am not sure I could tame a star and perhaps I am not meant to as I admire from a far. sigh

      Delete
  4. This is incredibly beautiful writing, Truedessa!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very glad OLN followed the prosery prompt so you could post this. A delight to read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw the prompt but, this week has been busy so I didn't get a chance to write or post. I am happy to read you found it a delight. It makes it worth the write and my muse thanks you.

      Delete
  6. This works so well with Prosery, love how you focus on the star, which sounds a bit like a lost child to me

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cosmic, Truedessa! I love the shamanic atmosphere you have created here 💙

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading! May your journey be filled with cosmic energy.

      Delete
  8. Jane DoughertyOctober 11, 2024

    Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is so beautiful! i wanted to do this challenge because i loved the "naughty star" ... but for some reason, i couldn't make my poem come together. kudos to you! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ren, the "naughty star" spoke to me as well. Some stars just have to evolve in their own way.

      Delete
  10. This is just so lovely, True.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very delicate and moving, True. Sandra sandracox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. So beautiful! A cosmic journey. 🌟

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading and commenting.

      Delete