Thursday, October 3, 2024

Notebook

 Free Coffee Pen photo and picture

Note

Today, I scribbled poetic notes
infused with melodies of blues
hoping you would read what I wrote
today, I scribbled poetic notes
searching for a beautiful quote
leaving you with heartfelt clues
today, I scribbled poetic notes
infused with melodies of blues

Book

Searching the library for a book
so many adventures to choose
a time machine everywhere I look
searching the library for a book
reading romance in a cozy nook
entertaining my passionate muse
searching the library for a book
so many adventures to choose

Notebook

In my notebook brimming with dreams
penned are my wanderings of night
stories unfold with changing scenes
in my notebook brimming with dreams
inked pages, all is not as it seems
drifting with time into the light
in my notebook brimming with dreams
penned are my wandering of night

 

written for dVerse
hosted by Laura
challenge writing 3 stanza with a compound word as an option
and for an added challenge write in the form of a triolet

 author's note: Today, I did go to the library to search for a new book to read.  I could spend hours in there so many choices.

16 comments:

  1. I love your choice of compound word, Truedessa – I’m a sucker for a new notebook and poetic quotes – and the way your triolet flows. I hope your library visit was successful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too love notebooks and journals. There is something special about writing in a notebook and reading through it another day.

      Delete
  2. This is lovely explaining what we as poets need to capture the right words for what we want to say,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I often ponder a theme or thought and try my best to convey it in words.

      Delete
  3. "hoping you would read what I wrote
    today, I scribbled poetic notes"
    well I did! this such an enjoyable read leafing through your notes/book/notebook

    ReplyDelete
  4. You combined it all very well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You chose your compound word wisely and wrote such heartfelt set of triolet. Beautiful, Truedessa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I pondered the compound word for a bit and then came the task of writing to the constraints of a triolet.

      Delete
  6. i could spend hours in the library too! i could also spend hours in my notebook-- scribbling, writing poetry or collecting quotes, a little art with colored pencils. so much to do :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha - I can totally relate ...so much to do and so little time.

      Delete
  7. A very nice choice for the prompt. Well done.

    ReplyDelete