Tuesday, February 6, 2024

Storms


I was born during the year’s biggest snowstorm
my mother said it was a miracle, I survived
weighing in at 5lbs, I fought to stay warm

Made love for the first time during a thunderstorm
in a loft under a skylight, flashes of lightning
learning the art of poetry in free form

I wanna know what love is…
I want you to show me…

Sometimes all I feel is the rain
Searching for life’s gentle refrain

I sailed on a boat of dreams during windstorms
navigating my way through treacherous waters
in the darkest moment, seeking a piece of norm

Made love with words during a poetic storm
you and I were doomed, a beautiful disaster
love has the power to overcome and transform

Have we forgotten what love is
I want you to tell me…

Sometimes all I feel is the rain
Searching for life’s gentle refrain

 


 

 Author's note:  I was inspired reading a poem yesterday by Brendan
so this is a wip....working through it...

linking with dVerse 

hosted by Merrill - writing about boats, ships or any kind of boating

5 comments:

  1. I caught the line from the Foreigner song right away. Fits well with your poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautifully, the repeated refrain works to perfection. "Searching for life's gentle refrain" - a lovely quest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's quite beautiful, True.
    Sandra sandracox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Storms bringing out the sensations and life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Storms have their own poetic symmetry, don't they?
    Sandra sandracox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete