Saturday, September 15, 2018

Sit With Me A While


I met a wanderer in a dream
he said "sister sit with me a while"
you know, jealously has a nasty gleam

world is spin'in, a bad case of vertigo
affecting everyone's equilibrium
what I've seen you don't wanna know

and then the rain and wind came
hundreds cried their world lost
in the distance a flickering flame

I met a wanderer  in a dream
he said "sister sit with me a while"
you know, greed has a nasty gleam

everyone wanting that piece of gold
what's the price for fortune & fame
in ancient temples, trouble unfolds

world is spin'in out of control
heaven holds sun & moon light
my eyes strain, seeking lost souls

I met a wanderer in a dream
he said "sister sit with me a while"
you know, love has a wondrous gleam

and then the golden dragon came
drying blinding tears that were shed
twas,  love he thought to claim

world is spin'in out of control
or is it just our own perspective
connecting rhymes, feeling whole

I met a wanderer in a dream
he said "sister sit with me a while"
you know, hope has a redeeming gleam

and then the morning came.....

sharing with Poets United
Thank you for your visit

Author's note:  This poem is
based on a dream I had a week
or so ago.

Wishing my southern friends
peace and safety in the wake
of the storm.

29 comments:

  1. A gleam that can change with perspective and acts, hopefully such a morning rings true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sit and reflect and listen for a while...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes indeed: "and then the morning came..." We will all get there in the end...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the rhythm & repetition

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this especially; "and then the golden dragon came drying blinding tears that were shed twas, love he thought to claim."💜

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a marvelous and uplifting dream... we might be stuck in the swamp of greed and conundrums... let the dragon come

    ReplyDelete
  7. Indeed hope has a redeeming gleam. We all must remember that in these chaotic days!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my friend, this is beautiful, and hopeful.......you have the BEST dreams! "Love has a wondrous gleam", indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the way you move this poem through the different truths to a final optimism. And I love the mythic story you created to do so.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have wonderful dreams, Truedessa. I would like to meet such a 'stranger' and to hear that hope still has a redeeming gleam!

    ReplyDelete
  11. World is indeed spinning out of control. I loved these snippets of wisdom that make up this dreamy conversation. The refrains are excellent in creating a rhythm and flow; also the ending is perfect.
    An endearing verse. :-)
    -HA

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! Your use of repetition and rhyme in this piece is stunning - and, really, quite mesmerizing. Taking time to sit and share a moment with a wanderer, as the world spins around us - is a wise use of time, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A really wonderful dream spinning truths into the night to awake in a spell of wisdom.

    Happy you dropped by my Sumie Sunday this week

    Much love...

    ReplyDelete
  14. i like how you end the poem with hope.
    the repetition and rhyme in the poem makes it a delight to read.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It has nice dynamics to it! I dreamt I was on a wedding last week (not mine, thankfully) what could it mean? I also dreamt scraping poop last week, what an odd thing to dream about LOL Will I be cleaning someone else's mess in real life?

    ReplyDelete
  16. My dreaming is clearly in the wrong places, as I would quite like company in my nightly travels.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Loved the hope at the end, loved the flow of it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love it when people write their dreams. I can never remember mine. It's so frustrating:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. GREAT REFLECTIONS...So good to remember dreams :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful! There is so much going on! So much feeling! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love how it ends, reminding us that although there is quite a bit of nasty around, there is also wondrous and hopeful...

    ...happy dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yeah, no matter how cool our dreams may be, at some point we wake up and have to face reality.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very nicely done, it seems like it would go perfectly well with a song from the 80s. Very Flower power!

    ReplyDelete
  24. True Blue, hope is what keeps us afloat. How are you today?

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love the rhythm you created, and that it lifts the spirit as I read on... beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Well-written. Engrossing and interesting. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  27. As always, this is wondrous, True.

    ReplyDelete