Saturday, July 13, 2019

Beyond the Hazy Moon


Follow me into the night
I wanna take it down a notch
sipping in the moments
tuning into  the songs of
you and I...

sunlight dips below the horizon
fleeting color of dusk, fades away

Let's take it slow, moving
to the melody of our
soul....down by the river
we can star watch...
you and I...

Be a reality in my dreams
or be my dream reality
beyond the hazy moon
I see a place for you and I

Follow me into the light
I wanna take it up a notch
filling the deep void within
touching flesh to flesh
tuning into the songs of
you and I

moonlight rises above the earth
illuminating orb of argent-silver

Let's take it slow, moving
in rhythm to the poetry
of our heart...sailing
down the mystical river
the point of no return
you and I
 
Be a reality in my dreams
or be my dream reality
beyond the hazy moon
I see a place for you and I


author's note: I attended a
music-fest.  The sun setting
in front of me and the moon
rising behind me (sigh)
A perfect setting for a
poetic dreamscape.


sharing with Poets United
Thank you for your visit!

Sharing with dVerse
Open link night 


24 comments:

  1. Your emotions for the love flow effortlessly...beautiful poem

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a beautiful thing when two are "tuning into the songs of you and I." Faintly, I remember, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The tuning in or two, from down a notch to up a notch, all together as one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like "reality in dreams or dream reality." My husband and I got married when the sun and moon were in the sky across from each other like lovers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sigh...sounds like it was beautiful and so are your words.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you went to that concert because it gave rise to this lovely poem. So dreamy, I wanted to fall into it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the images herein, particularly the chorus of dream/reality. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh gosh this is stunning!💖 Especially love; "Let's take it slow, moving to the melody of our soul....down by the river we can star watch... you and I..."😊

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful, Truedessa. So very sensual and melodic. I really liked the repetition you used as well...which really helped to enhance the mood!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a clever way of giving
    answers with the italics in between
    which is indicative of good thinking
    Nice being here, True Ma'am!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  11. And indeed, this poem is full of music – as well as lovely visual images and sweet emotion.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I trust you were making beautiful music with someone down by the river:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the interplay of authentic conversational refrains here:

    'I wanna take it up a notch'
    'Let's take it slow'
    'you and I'

    pinned against:

    'sunlight dips' … 'moonlight rises' ~ sigh ~

    A lovely piece ... wonderfully, romantically sketched.

    ReplyDelete
  14. i am glad the music-fest inspired such a beautiful poem.
    lovely imagery and emotion filled. a delight to read. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. There is nothing quite so inspirational as having a relationship with someone so that poetry flows from your lips to them and us as well!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely poetic dreamscape.
    Especially liked these words:

    "Let's take it slow, moving
    to the melody of our
    soul....down by the river
    we can star watch...
    you and I..."

    Might you add a tag to dVerse, please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been added, so sorry! Thanks for hosting

      Delete
  17. beautiful poem...flows like a song!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You write dreamscape so well...makes me want to be younger again. Or maybe not!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gayle Walters RoseSeptember 21, 2019

    I love the title and the different scenarios of being "you and I"...very romantic and sweet. I've been at the beach before with the moon coming up over the horizon while the sun set behind me and it's just an awesome feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like the alternating contrast in tone.

    ReplyDelete
  21. When you say you wrote it at a music festival, I thought of Talking Heads song, Take me to the river as I read your poem. There's a lyrical, mystical feel to it.

    ReplyDelete