Saturday, February 13, 2021

Big Cats

Lion, Feline, Cat, Wild, Mane, Mammal
courtesy of Pixabay

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

big cats visits me in perceptive dreams

mystical creatures under moonbeams

prowling the landscape of my mind

our wanderings magically entwined

 

it takes courage to face the heartland

pondering what is difficult to understand

spirits free to roam and not to be confined

in the night, it's strength you might find

 

do not run from fear, walk in knowledge

find a place where your footing is solid

in life/death leave imprints of love behind

open your eyes, clouds can be silver lined

 

big cats visit me in perceptive dreams

our wanderings magically entwined

 

linking with earthweal

I missed Sherry's prompt this week 

so a late offering to the mystical 

lions.

 

Author's note:  A couple of years ago

I actually had an encounter with a mountain

lion on a deserted highway.  That moment

has stayed with me as it was surreal.

I still ponder the deeper meaning.

 

 

6 comments:

  1. A meeting with a mountain lion is amazing.........my friend encountered a very young cougar in the bush once - and he meowed at her! true story. I love "it takes courage to face the heartland." Yes it does.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was quite amazing and a rare sighting. Your friend was gifted that day. Speaking to her in his native tongue.

      Delete
  2. How amazing to encounter a mountain lion, Truedessa, but also scary as it was on a deserted highway. I love the circularity of your poem, beginning and ending with the big cats, the rhyme scheme, which is gentle and entrancing like a dream, and the lines:
    ‘prowling the landscape of my mind
    our wanderings magically entwined’.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was amazing but, I didn't really sense fear it was more of wonderment and it felt a bit unreal. I searched the internet when I got home to see if any other travelers reported seeing one.

      Delete
  3. That has a really great rhythm to it.

    ReplyDelete