Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Please Do Not Disturb

Please Do Not Disturb  do not disturb dreams stock pictures, royalty-free photos & images
Courtesy of Pixabay

There's a do not disturb sign
on the door-knob of a dream
a secret place where stars align

poetry forms at the bang of a drum
touching the heart with each beat
 opening doors who knows what will come

don't touch me while I am sleeping
the shaman says it brings bad dreams
in silence you can hear the willow weeping

There's a do not disturb sign
on the door-knob of a dream
a secret place where stars align

on the edge of your atmosphere skies
trying to balance on the fringe of reality
is love forever hidden in a tiny box of lies

your music knocks me out with one note
spiraling forever lost in you melody
remembering every word you wrote

there's a do not disturb sign
on the door- knob of a dream
a secret place where stars align

daring you to enter the labyrinth
of a dream , my secret lover, I’ll be waiting
in hues of blue for ....
you
you
you

 linking with dVerse

hosted by Punam
writing about music using song titles
from Linda Perry's albums
two were required, but I went
with four I couldn't resist


I selected the following:
Bang the Drum
Tiny Box of Lies
Secret Lover
Don't Touch Me While I am Sleeping

7 comments:

  1. Love this, especially the first stanza.
    Sandra sandracox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful love story, True! Great wordcraft make-up and such a beautiful poem.

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the do not disturb sign "on the doorknob of a dream." How beautiful. Love the repetition. Wonderfully written.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that refrain, and how there is a way to maybe enter your dream (which I always have thought of being the most loving anyone can say)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know the artist well but well done to use more than two.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Truly mystical and full of wisdom, Truedessa. It's best not to tamper with one when they are in the dream world.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the refrain! What a lovely, spiritual write, Truedessa.
    Thanks for joining in.

    ReplyDelete