Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Where Is Peace


Sometimes,  in my sorrow
I wonder what has happened
to dreams of peace?

The world is spinning in a
counterproductive motion
and I wonder who or what
will stop this course of
destruction

Mother Earth is waiting, when will
humans open their eyes and see 
the scars they have left in the forests 
lakes/rivers and atmosphere

Closing my eyes listening to
the messages of the ancestors
there is hope as dreamers,
teachers and healers are called
forth to take a stand in this
modern world

Sitting cross-legged under the
willow boughs, breathing in
calm evening air, tapping my
hand-held hoop drum to the
beat of my heart

A chorus of birds perch in a tree
chirping in tune with the melody
closing my eyes, my worries
float away in the rippling water

A feeling of  weightlessness
thump, thump, thump....listening
as nature awakens, calling me to
a place of harmony. 

My breathing shallow, sensation of warmth 
I am ready to take flight, a visitation
the great blue heron lands by my
side.  

In this state of consciousness, I find 
a place of peace...

To have peace in the world we need
to become people of peace



This is rough draft as it came from a meditation
Thank you for reading, wishing you
peace, light and love in your life

13 comments:

  1. "To have peace in the world we need
    to become people of peace"

    Thanks for your contemplation and your message Trudessa
    Happy you dropped by my blog today.

    Much🕊💖🕊love

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last 2 lines said it all. Perfect write.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The ending lines of the poem put the responsibility for peace where it belongs: with each one of us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ". . . there is hope as dreamers,
    teachers and healers are called . . . "
    and your poem give another model as well--those willing to go and listen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, that visitation from the blue heron is a gift. I have peace in my heart and my life.......but my hope in the transformation of consciousness is faltering, given those in charge these days. I just listened to young Greta's speech on facebook. SHE gives me hope!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Only hope is that Mother Earth knows how to heal. If needs be she'll eliminate the human elements and thrive. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel the peace of the birds and weightlessness, the warmth and the blue Heron landing sigh. Let's all take this in: To have peace in the world we need, to become people of peace

    ReplyDelete
  8. Become people of peace... well said.. !

    ReplyDelete
  9. In the destruction you have created a place of peace, which we desperately need.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful write True, and your ginal two lines set the stone of truth!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A most beautiful poem, with peace and the idyllic place.
    I agree about the increasing worries we face from those who seem to be wreckless in word and action..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Even in the harshness much peace can show, whether that is getting rid of those causing it or not. Mother nature will win in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Peace, forgiveness and kindness - these are powerful words.

    ReplyDelete