Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Autumn Rain, Weeping Refrains

free images














I'm feelin'  in a blue sort of mood
this heart of mine has come unglued
raindrops slippin' down windowpanes
listenin' to songs, weeping refrains
some days you just need solitude
I'm feelin' in a blue sort of mood
dreamin' of a romantic interlude
raindrops slippin' down windowpanes
listenin' to songs, weeping refrains

some days you just feel the rain
some days you just feel the rain
some days you just feel the rain
some days you just feel the pain

I'm feelin' in a blue sort of mood
falling leaves, winter's prelude
raindrops slippin' down windowpanes
listenin' to songs, weeping refrains

some days you just need solitude

I'm feelin' in a blue sort of mood
autumn's splendor seems subdued
raindrops slippin' down windowpanes
listenin' to songs, weeping refrains

some days you just feel the rain
some days you just feel the pain
some days you just feel the pain
some days you just feel the pain

22 comments:

  1. Just amazing poetry as always. I like the way you have intertwined different seasons with human moods. May I know if this any poetry from, will love to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely song you have written here:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that this is a song! I read it while the gentle morning rain is on my windowpane and I feel rain deep in my heart. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to sing this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your song! Very magical and fits your page's ongoing theme! Great write! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pain sure can show, but let it flow and you just never know.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, some days are like that.......this poem would make a good song..........

    ReplyDelete
  8. There must be music to go with these lyrics!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those would make some really great song lyrics!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your song from a heart feeling a little blue!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, like so many have spoken this is like a song. A beautiful song of the blues. Lovely writing Truedessa!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This seems almost like the lyrics of a song. Just went back and read the comments, and I'm not the only one! Do you have music for it??

    ReplyDelete
  13. some days you just need solitude True I feel you Love it

    ReplyDelete
  14. luv your form, feelings and rhythm Truedessa, a really delightful read

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Some days all one has left is solitude. Such a striking poem, and well written. Greetings to you and hope you are doing great.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I feel like singing your poem! The pain sounds dificult but delicious?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful! Somebody, please put a jazzy melody to this. :-)

    ~Imelda

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful as always, and for my birthday no less. Good catching up with you again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. WoW these words sing to me, wonderful *smiles* though I too feel 'in a blue sort of mood'

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi True,

    Emotive and thoughtful prose. Feel the rain and let it immerse you with cleansing thoughts.

    Gary

    ReplyDelete
  21. Definitely imagined this as a song. I'm thinking a soft piano to go along with a light acoustic guitar.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This really is a wonderful, wonderful poem! It has a folk song sort of quality. It deserves to be set to music.

    ReplyDelete