Wednesday, March 20, 2019

The Drone of Time Takes Me to Another Zone


artist unknown


my poetic life hums to a hand-held drum
meditating, relaxing my mind
         thump, thump, thump, thump
 bidding farewell to the nine to five

         tap, tap, tap, tap

pounding out sequences of facts and
logic my left hemisphere is busy in
a cubicle world caught in the black
and white of paper and ink

but, wait in my peripheral vision there's
a diversion. 
blue skies and golden sunlight
dance beyond the reflective glass

A crow perched on the parking lot light
awakens poetic thoughts of sprouting wings
and taking flight...

daydreams take form in beautiful color
poetry unravels taking me on a
faraway adventure...

my right hemisphere is bursting with
life, there's a melody playing in
my head my imagination knows
no limits and my muse is delighted
dancing to a tune only I can hear


written for dVerse
Your Poetic Hum 

17 comments:

  1. A wonderful poem....I love that crow in your peripheral vision, lifting you out of the nine to five and into the sunshine of the day.....the left hemisphere and right hemisphere reminds me of the book My Stroke of Insight, written by a doctor who observed herself having a stroke. She survived and was all right-brain and living in a world of love. It was quite wondrful to read. Love you tapping your drum. Wish I had a drum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I took part in a small Spring Equinox celebration today to usher in Spring at the official time. It was held outside and I was amazed at how many birds came and perched themselves in the trees and chirped along. The sun was out and it felt so right.

      Delete
  2. It's great how the mind can take us away from the mundane. Good write.
    (By the way, check your link. It isn't working).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bev for letting me know about the link and for visiting.

      Delete
  3. I like that color in one's peripheral vision.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That half takes what you can see and creates it a thousands times more intense and beautiful. Or does it just see those things as they are?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was fun seeing the hemispheres work together to make poetry, and fine poetry it is Truedessa! The percussive elements were cool...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two sides deciphering different ways. Maybe both are true and you hone in on the one you need the most.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love you last stanza, i could almost see the colours bursting thru and oh what an inspiration it is to me to read this, thank you for such a wonderful response to the prompt

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this. I felt it and heard it in a vibrant way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the way you balance the worklife with the hum of the crow and the trees... our life needs both

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well I can relate to the hum drum of that 9 to 5, and finally listening and dancing to the tune you want to hear. Love this share.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The human brain is amazing! Thanks for taking us inside...and outside!

    ReplyDelete
  12. your muse is delighted! this is so lovely, i wish my muse could be delighted too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are amazing! Love these words!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is brilliant! I love it!

    ReplyDelete