Saturday, June 9, 2018

More or Less

artist unknown
















When you said you wanted more
did you think I wanted less

When your voice became silent
did you think I couldn't hear

When you shut your mind
did you think I  couldn't get it

When you closed  your eyes
did you think I couldn't see

When you became distant
did you think I couldn't reach  you

When you guarded your heart
did you think I couldn't feel pain

When you suddenly drifted way
did you think I couldn't find my way

When I said I wanted more
did you think that made me less

8 comments:

  1. Sad progression of a dying relationship.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure how things can go, as lover becomes sorta a foe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This progression is the most heartbreaking one we make. Beautifully expressed, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Truedessa - so so true ... what a wonderful poem. But I loved the artwork ... gorgeous: both - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's all a matter of perception, innit?

    For some reason this reminds me of something I once said about a friend's relationship. "For every sixty percent he gives, she gives thrity. And he wonders why they never come up with a hundred?"

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are such true words, and how time can progresses and consumes....

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is sad! So well written! So much feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Our constant companion throughout time is humility which reveals the truth of our existence.

    ReplyDelete