Wednesday, June 27, 2018

I See Myself With a Different Eye

artist unknown
















I see myself as a night traveler
awakening in blue misty fog
traveling moonbeams from
here to there...

I see myself soaring the heavens
on unfurled wings searching for
light, dancing in the stars...

I see myself connected to others
weaving threads of our lives
strengthening our bond...

I see myself on the river's edge
reflections of the transformation
of my journey and life...

I see myself under a weeping willow
crying, hoping you won't have to...

I see myself sleeping in the darkness
sometimes afraid,  as I know not
what the night will bring...

I see myself and the world through
different eyes...and I wonder when
you look at me...do you see my
imperfections, my sorrow....

I see myself and I wonder who am i...
a dreamer who dances in the
clouds, giving my heart and I don't
know why?

written for Poets United Midweek Motif
When I Think of Myself
Thank you for reading

16 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, True. I love every stanza, especially the closing two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know who am either; the mirror doesn't help much. I wish I could see myself through others eyes but then would I laugh or cry? This certainly was a beautiful read Truedessa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "awakening in blue misty fog" This is such an amazing image! The mystery surrounding self identity couldn't have been expressed more perfectly. The question remains who/what/why am I....A wonderful, wonderful poem Truedessa...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed this. A great last stanza. I think we never completely know who we are exactly I do think as long as we live aligned with our values we do well. Loved "night traveler awakening in blue misty fog"

    ReplyDelete
  5. It does not matter who you are.Our psychology and society over focuses on self.You are privileged to be alive, that is all anyone needs to know. Pack the ego away, don't compare yourself to others, appreciate and give thanks for the myriad gifts you receive daily and everything else falls into place.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, this is such a wonderful proposition of the idea of self and its personal experience. It's truly beautiful to be one seeking connections with others, dancing in the stars, feeling the sorrows and accepting imperfections. It's so good to read your written word again. :-)
    -HA

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many aspects to see of one's self that sometimes we only focus on a few and lose focus.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know why! Partly to give us these unrestrained visions of how much we could see standing on earth and looking up, out, down, around, and in. Dear poet! Bless you for all your eyes. Perhaps this poem belongs on your mirror to remind you of the beauty always in you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I see you in the first four verses:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I see you, and it is a lovely, dreamy portrait.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Others' impressions of who we are always differ from our own perceptions of ourselves. The truth is probably somewhere in the middle.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful soul
    "giving my heart and I don't
    know why?"

    Thanks for dropping by to read mine Trudessa


    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I see you this way to. A tender and beautiful dreamer and night traveler. The whole poem is a lovely reflection of you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are in touch with your deepest soul and heart ~ Affirm your authenticity and you will always come across as one in your work ~

    ReplyDelete
  15. Truly so beautiful!!! Very magical! I see you!

    ReplyDelete