Friday, January 10, 2020

January Moon - Will I See You Soon

Wolf, Animal, Wild, Nature, Carnivores
courtesy of Pixabay



January full moon where have you gone
 hiding behind the dark clouds of night
will you show your face before the dawn
are the tides rising somewhere out of sight
 
hiding behind the dark clouds of night
 do you hear the wolf's  mighty howl
are the tides rising somewhere out of sight
 in a new landscape the wolf now prowls

do you hear the wolf's mighty howl
 the wilderness sings, a song of sadness
in a new landscape the wolf now prowls
  trying to find a new path in the blackness

the wilderness sings, a song of sadness
  a snowy owl keeps watch from the pines
trying to find a new path in the blackness
  nature is sending humanity warning signs

 a snowy owl keeps watch from the pines
  will you show your face before the dawn
nature is sending humanity warning signs
  January full moon where have you gone

author's note:  Today is the full moon and
it's too cloudy to see it here tonight. I wonder
will the clouds lift so I can catch a glimpse.

posted for Earthweal #2
open link

19 comments:

  1. It's raining here, so no moon either. I love the wolf moon, needless to say. I also love your poem. I am moved by the wilderness's song of sadness, the snowy owl keeping watch, nature sending us warning signs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew the wolf moon would speak to you. The wolves have been losing some of their territory and are being forced to walk new landscapes.

      Delete
  2. A beautiful nightly poem. There's beauty and trepidation both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sumana - I tried to create some form of balance within the lines.

      Delete
  3. Lovely use of form - the repeated lines are gently done, and give this a dreamy feel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so love the animal presences here, so much greater than our selfish human apprehension. Such a magisterial weave, maybe moreso with that great full moon shining in darkness, out of sight. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Brendan I associate the moon with nature and the ocean tides. I do wish I could have seen it last night but, I know it was shining somewhere.

      Delete
  5. May not see the moon itself, but sure can view much more of nature as it shines through the clouds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The moon is there behind the dark clouds, perhaps it will shine tomorrow.

      Delete
  6. Indeed nature is sending humanity warning signs. I do hope that in 2020 we take head of the wolf's plaintive howl..

    We are trapped here with a storm warning for two days. No glimpse of the moon is possible until another day. Good time to share poetry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary, 2020 is still new let's hope for changing views.

      Sorry to hear you are trapped in with a storm. Stay safe!

      Delete
  7. That blended into an amazing poem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alex for your constant support. It means a lot.

      Delete
  8. will you show your face before the dawn
    nature is sending humanity warning signs
    January full moon where have you gone

    It's a sight to behold that one awaits and certainly feel let-down without it

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hank, I went outside tonight and the moon is still hiding behind the clouds in the unusually warm January mist.

      Delete
  9. I love the form of your poem, with the gentle repetitions. It creates a wistful, yet pictorial image in my mind. The clouds covered the moon in my parts too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kerry, sometimes I think form reinforces the core of the poem.

      Delete
    2. PS - I went outside last night and the moon was still no where in sight. sigh..

      Delete