Wednesday, January 29, 2020

To Dream Or Not!

white and yellow daisies
courtesy of Pixabay


searching for you in the depth of night
crossing realms into a parallel world
here with you everything feels right
in stillness, romantic thoughts swirl

I give you this song from my heart
it may not hit the top of the charts

Our lives seem to twist and bend
evolving stars in a heavenly show
somewhere, a script was penned
at least that's how the story goes

if this is a dream forget me not
if this is a dream, wake me not

drifting with you beyond the clouds
composing notes, on a cosmic shore
whispered words,  hidden vowels
creating a sensuous musical score

I give you this song from my heart
it may not hit the top of the charts

caught in mists of suspended reality
afraid to awaken, fear of losing you
breaking the boundaries of normality
tell me our wondrous journey is true

if this is a dream, forget me not
if this is a dream, wake me not

surrendering to loves delight
waiting for you in our secret place
fluttering wings, hearts takes flight
on the edge of a dream we embrace

I give you this song from my heart
it may not hit the top of the charts   

I'm alone, moving toward the light
my eyes awaken to the morning sun 
you remain somewhere in the night
in this space a new day has begun 

posted for dVerse
hosted by Lillian
writing dream poetry 

9 comments:

  1. So beautiful! "If this is a dream, wake me not." A beautiful dream , and a beautiful song. I love the lines in between the longer stanzas the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delicate and lovely as always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the last stanza and line about the space in which a new day has begun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If this is a dream, wake me not.....well....if this were put to music, I'd love to hear it! Whether it makes it to the top of the chart or not! Glad you posted to the prompt :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sure a dream with a flow that one would want to stay in for a long time

    ReplyDelete
  6. The last stanza accorded the feelings of fulfillment come a new day. Dreams it appeared as an appendage of love loosely defined but strongly felt! Wonderful write, True!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so love the repeated lines... it makes me think of a country song a bit. Sad and wistful with the sense of something being too good for you.

    ReplyDelete