Friday, July 17, 2020

I Am Connected


Eye, Creative, Galaxy, Collage, Flowers
courtesy of Pixabay

 I am pieces of you and me
strung together in birdsong
feathers and wings

I am one with a buffalo
tuning into the spiritual
realm, with each beat
of my heart

I am of the hawk & eagle
birds of prey/ who (prays)
using my inner intuition
seeking higher vision


 I am of bone and turtle rattles
in tune with the animal
kingdom and their songs

I am of the blue heron
learning patience and balance
in times of need


I am of the wolf
who tracked me in a dream
with a message of hope & love
for a friend

I am of the deer
messenger of healing
and regeneration
in touch with
life mysteries




I am of flesh, bones, talons
feathers, wings,  web feet
shell, fur and hide

I am more than meets the eye 
if only you would look deeper


sharing with earthweal
writing about messages from the wild

I have an amazing relationship with
animals of the wild.  They always
seem to show up to offer guidance
in my life.

I pondered this prompt and this is what
spoke to me.

14 comments:

  1. I'm glad your inner voice inspired this poem. It's beautiful. I have an immense love of animals, so I appreciate your words so thoroughly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Myrna - nature is calming for the soul.

      Delete
  2. This is my all-time favourite of yours, True. Absolutely glorious and I am honoured that you wrote it for my prompt. Too many wonderful lines to quote. Absolutely beautiful. This could be your manifesto! It is so you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much my friend. I am of the wolf just for you.

      Delete
  3. Yes you do. I think this poem expresses it beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alex. I had an encounter with a cardinal today a symbolism of devotion.

      Delete
  4. AnonymousJuly 21, 2020

    Your poem captures the feelings I have when I blessed with a profound encounter with animals in the wild. All thoughts of separation are erased as there is a communion on some wild, soul level. Suzanne of Wordpress blog - Mapping Uncertainty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel animals are sent to us for various reason. Most often to help guide and heal. Signs that you are not alone.

      Delete
  5. you write clearly of that wild connection ~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Truedessa - loved the poem and yes we and this beautiful planet are all from stardust ... life is special. Take care - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  7. True, there is a comment for you from Kim at earthweal. Smiles. What a beauty of a poem this is.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are all of the same source. You feel it deeply.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is wonderful to find your poems and earthweal.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do not feel this often, and so found myself envying you before melting at the end. Pure love.

    ReplyDelete