Sunday, June 28, 2020

Decomposing Red Roses

The Sunday Muse

Bursting into bloom,  red roses
has anyone noticed, their
delicate beauty

They speak of love and passion
but, the thorns are a reminder
of imperfection

Can you see me through the
rosy tinted haze of summer
my heart openly on display

Exposed, soft buds of affection
but, will a single rose fill
you with enchantment
or do you yearn for
a bouquet

Wilting in the poetic garden
my heart pierced by the thorns
of decaying dreams

Perhaps, love is like a  blue rose
elusive and mysterious in nature
a journey into the unattainable

Living in modern times, there is a
loss of innocence, how can I touch
you when you are too far away

How can I make you believe
in the songs of the roses
when all I feel are
the thorns of the blues

linking to the The Sunday Muse
hosted by Chrissa



17 comments:

  1. "love is like a blue rose" - great observation that the rose is actually blue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A single rose for me, please. Mind the thorns ......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, often the thorns of the blues are more obvious than the beauty of the roses, unfortunately (in this day and age!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Powerful, evocative and beautiful.
    Which is true of all your poems.
    I prefer the simplicity of a red rose to the elusive wonder of a blue...

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Wilting in the poetic garden, my heart pierced by the thorns of decaying dreams" Oh, (sigh) so poignant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the questions this stirs Truedessa! A beautiful message! I love the solitary rose myself. 🌹

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I reached the reminder by the thorns, I paused, "thorns are a reminder of imperfection." Excellent as is everyting else.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. p.s. I dont often buy Mrs. Jim flowers but I do get her a box of Whitman Sampler Chocolates for her birthdsy (Jan 1), Valentines Day, Easter, and Christmas.
      ..

      Delete
    2. Ah, The gift of chocolates, Does Mrs. Jim share?

      Delete
  8. Excellent words. You can't have one without the other.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Roses are so rich with imagery, intimately connected to love, and here you explore those poetic twists and turns beautifully with your use of color. Like the song says, every rose has its thorn, but that's never stopped anybody from picking them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Roses and thorns - with beauty and love there is always some pain.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful. I especially love "how can i make you believe in the songs of roses when all i feel are the thorns of the blues."

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely. A compelling analogy - wonderfully penned.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so beautiful...The voice of a single rose piercing us with questions

    ReplyDelete
  14. Everything dissolves and refocuses and then dissolves again--a magic trick of POV in this.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those thorns seem to be growing bigger and bigger these days.

    ReplyDelete