Thursday, June 25, 2020

Welcoming Summer Light


Sunset













Welcoming Summer

One drum, one beat, one heart

Thump

become light
 embrace light
   love light
    see light
      feel light

Listen to the drums, we are united as one
set forth your truest intention for a world
of peace

Thump
   Thump
     THUMP

Awaken, oh sleeping spirit to the light of  a

new day

I am of the sky
 I will teach you to fly

I am of the earth
 to dreams, I give birth

I am of the wind
 on branches thick and thinned

I am of the fire
 breathing with desire

I am of the water
 bonding, creating mortar

I am of the spirit,
 mind and body

One drum, one beat, one heart
radiating into the universal
drum circle of life....

THUMP
   THump
     thump

Awaken, oh sleeping spirit to the light of  a

new day

author's note:  I drummed at Sunset to
celebrate the summer solstice. This poem
was born from light.

Peace, light and love always....

linking with dVerse
To the staff at dVerse - enjoy your summer break!
You are the mortar that holds this community together.

Thank you!


10 comments:

  1. I love this.. we should have a drum session online... summer solstice means for me that night never comes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bjorn,

      How many hours of daylight do you have? It sounds like I missed a fun gathering.

      Delete
    2. I would LOVE to do a drum session online! I don't have a drum but I have an empty coffee container that could be used as one.

      Delete
  2. Nice repetition and onomatopoeia of the drums.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this especially; " I am of the wind on branches thick and thinned/I am of the fire breathing with desire."💝

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can imagine you drumming and saying this out loud in a chanting refrain.

    Really well done. Enjoy your summer and see you in 2 weeks. Take care dear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could hear your drumbeats and see the sunsey, with your spirit of unity rising!

    ReplyDelete
  6. a beat all its own. more light these days sure isn't a bad thing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This poem was born from light indeed, and how my spirit drinks it in, thirstily. My words have gone quiet for the moment but will return, I trust. I love reading you, True, and thinking of you drumming the light in at solstice.

    ReplyDelete