Thursday, June 4, 2020

Blue Jay's Song


Bluejay, Feather, Spring, Nature
Courtesy of Pixabay

standing in silence
listening to blue jays song
harmony blows in the breeze
~
greeted by bird song
lonely jay touches my heart
wings flutter in a blue sky
~
hope grows on tree limbs
singing songs of renewal
enchantment in a blue jay

linking with dVerse
Hosted by Frank
writing 3 line poems

author's note:  Today I went for
my daily walk and I was greeted
by a blue-jay.  It flew from a
tree and landed on the path right
in front of me, as if to say
"Here, I am". I was totally
enchanted by this feathered friend.
I stood in silence and watched him as
he sang.  It's moments like this that lift my spirit. 
I wanted to sprout some wings and sing. 


Have you ever encountered an animal
that seems to be speaking directly to 
you? 

13 comments:

  1. I liked the description of the blue jay as lonely. I can sense the enchantment and hopefulness you might have felt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do have a way of bringing birds to you. Must be your free spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well, have been cussed out by a few wild critters, when approaching much too close.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My cats speak to me often, usually wanting something. I can't remember any critter in the wild doing it, at least in a positive way. So cool to have a jay communicating with you, Truedessa.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Truedessa - Blue Jays look so delightful ... while your words ring so true for us at the moment ... take care - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nicely done, Truedessa! We haven’t had any jays in our garden yet this year, but I had a visit from the magpie this morning, in the rain. He sat on the bathroom roof for a few minutes, looked in the window, as if checking I was there, and then he flew off. I love these encounters.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those blue jays can be loud! I have not seen many this year, but I do hear them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. singing songs of renewal
    enchantment in a blue jay

    In all reality of colours they are a welcomed sight besides the melodious singing.

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your jays are a bit different from mine....I have two stellar's jays, the whole body is dark blue, with black heads. They know me now and will come to feed when I am sitting right there on the balcony.........one has a special way of letting me know when all "the good stuff: needs to be replenished. Smiles. My friend Chris lives on a floathouse and often walks inthe wild forest on shore near her float. Once she came face to face with a very young cougar. The cougar MEOWED at her, then turned and went away. Wow. I love your poem. Birds lift my heart too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A visitor that wanted to share a tune. Hopeful indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  11. enchantment in a bluejay... I'd never put those two words together but they really work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it. The verse made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This gave me a warm feeling of hope.

    ReplyDelete