Monday, April 26, 2021

Merlin - The Magician of Time

 

Merlin (bird) - Wikipedia
Merlin(Falcon) -- Wikipedia

 

Time is now, for enjoying the simple wonders of life.  Today, I woke up not feeling well.  I'm not sure if it's something I ate, yesterday, causing me havoc.  Sleeping on the couch, I drift into another realm of now.  I find myself in a green meadow bursting with wildflowers. A shaman comes out to greet me.  He says not a word but, hands me a pouch of special herbs. I hear the sound of a babbling brook and travel by foot down a winding path. Beyond towering trees the sun dances upon the singing waters. 

I behold a Merlin perched on a high tree limb.  Have I wandered into an  enchanted forest? Weary, I sit on the foundation of an ancient pine, resting my head against the trunk.  I close my eyes.  The sun now slipping away and the moon rising. I hear a distance voice and open my eyes. I am back on my couch and the weatherman is talking about the super "pink" moon.  Mentally, I take note, to be sure to view it before I go to bed tonight.

April’s pink super moon
Merlin the dream magician
enchanted spring sky

 

linking with dVerse

Frank is hosting tonight

Our task:

Let us now bear witness to the present moment! However you experience it, write a haibun that expresses the present moment.  

 Author's note:  Today, I wasn't feeling well and in the moment drifted into a dream.

24 comments:

  1. Happy moon viewing

    Much💛love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gillena, the viewing was amazing.

      Delete
  2. That "pink moon" seems to fit well with the dream magician. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You travel so beautifully and wonderfully in your dreams. Sigh. Hope the special herbs in the dream made you feel better in your awake reality.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my friend, my dreams are often vivid. I did make myself some herbal tea when I awoke.

      Delete
  4. A very nice haibun Trudessa. Dreams sometimes take us good places. In my case they often leave me waking up confused! Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dwight, dreams to me are enlightening but, sometimes I am not thrilled with what I see.

      Delete
  5. I don’t know if we get Merlins here; I would love to see that impressive bird in my garden!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ,sometimes, see Falcons around here but, usually it is the hawk that comes to call.

      Delete
  6. The magic of a spring evening is hard to capture, but you have it here. Brief as a dream. Well-done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The interweaving of the here and now and the forever of the dream world is beautifully handled, the haiku sums it all up wonderfully. Thank you for a fantastic read

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how you used a dream to portray the present, well done. Our moon was spectacular last night, more of the same tonight. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Helen, I was dreaming in the present moment and I decided to share pieces of that moment.

      I did see the pink moon last night and it was glorious. I hope to see it again tonight.

      Thanks for visiting. Cheers...

      Delete
  9. Introducing the dream into the present moment was nicely done. Even the pink moon had a part in your moment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bev, I hope to see the moon again tonight!

      Delete
  10. I love how you could describe your dream... it seems so filled with meaning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bjorn, I do think it was meaningful in many ways! Hope your dreams are good ones.

      Delete
  11. I love the way you use words! Big Hugs Truedessa!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This whole piece feels like an enchanting dream. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love these kind of dreams that have me waking in a mellow mood. a lovely haibun.

    Pat

    ReplyDelete