Thursday, April 22, 2021

I Walked the Path of Gratitude

Earth, Hour, Clock, Time, Hands, Hold
Pixabay

 

I walked the path of gratitude today

thanking the trees for purifying the air

and giving creatures a place to dwell

a cardinal sang from a high limb, as the

robins searched for worms to eat

 

I walked the path of gratitude today

thankful for the gift of precious water

for water is life, food and home to

creatures that call streams, lakes,

rivers and oceans their home

 

I walked the path of gratitude today

thankful for the flowers that are now

blooming, they bring vivid color into

our lives and give us a sense of calmness

 

I walked the path of gratitude today

thankful, for this big beautiful planet

and all its splendor and natural wonders

open your eyes and feast on her beauty

 

I walked the path of gratitude today

on a cold April day with the wind against

my back pushing me forward as hail

suddenly fell from the sky, I let out

a sigh, "climate change" 

how do we reset the planet?

 

linking with earthweal

for Earth Day

 

author's note:  I went for a walk today
and it started out sunny but, the wind
shifted and clouds rolled in.  I found myself
with the wind pushing me forward in a sudden
hail storm.


 


12 comments:

  1. Amazing to have hail in April.i have walked the path of gratitude too. It's the most beautiful path of all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have been on a roller coaster with temperatures here. One day high 60’s / 70’s then the next day 30 with snow flurries and yesterday hail pelting me on my walk.

      Delete
  2. A beautiful walk of gratitude and April has brought hail and snow to us too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s been a crazy start of spring.

      Delete
  3. They call it global warming but we've sure been colder than normal here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, yesterday was the 2nd coldest day on records for April 22nd. I am ready for warmer
      days.

      Delete
  4. I smiled at the end! What a surprise in your piece. Guess what? This was written so well I walked besides you 😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am always happy to have company on my walks.

      Delete
  5. There us still so much beauty, but we need to work hard to keep it alive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of mankind should walk alongside you ~~~~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If only, we could walk together on the path of gratitude.

      Delete