Thursday, October 14, 2021

A Piece of Me Died Today

 Piano, Rose, Red, Flower, Love, Romance

You're the only man that

touched that deep well inside

of me...

 

You're the only man that

touched my soul....

 

never flesh to flesh

but, heart to heart

 

you've got me singing the raspy

ragged, jagged blues.....

 

Tell me how can I ever

love again...

 

When all I've dreamt

of... is gone .....gone


I’m feeling the thorns

I’m feeling the thorns

This is my story, my song

my man is gone gone gone


you've got me singing the raspy

ragged, jagged blues.....

 

You're movin' on and I'm left behind

this lady is feeling blue...lost without you

 

maybe, someday you'll think of me and smile

I guess all dreams come to an end

...and some only last for a while…..


But….

 

this lady doesn't believe in dreams anymore

No, no, no ….dreams are for fools…

it's just some sort of suspended reality 

you wake up realizing nothing was real...


I’m feeling the thorns

I’m feeling the thorns

This is my story, my song

My man is gone gone gone

 

You've got me singing the raspy

ragged, jagged blues


a piece of me died today.... 

a piece of me died today

died, died, died…today


linking with dVerse

9 comments:

  1. I've been through something like what you describe. Sometimes pieces of us die so something new can be born :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This poem needs to be put to music and performed in a plaintive jazzy slow style. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My thoughts with you and finding your lost pieces. (I saw the original ending of this post.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I'm feeling the thorns...." Yes, this is the song of lost love, and it can only be sung as blues. Sigh. So beautiful, True.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh nice luv the repeatition. It will go well put to music

    Much💜love

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a wonderful song....the repetition....the words. I truly wish there was a jazz group that could create the music and a Billie Holiday type to sing it, standing at the mic dressed in blue and the lights low.

    "dreams are for fools…
    it's just some sort of suspended reality
    you wake up realizing nothing was real..."
    The entire write is powerful....the above words really, for me, show the depth of despair here.

    If this is autobiographical, I hope you know you are loved by many. I'm certain of it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Truedessa - with thoughts ... as things work their way through for you ... all the best - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do I need to be worried, True?

    ReplyDelete