Sunday, October 31, 2021

Today, I Heard

The Sunday Muse

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Today, I heard the whispers of creator
wandering the slope of the Holy Hill
seeking warmth from the autumn chill

Mindfully, walking consecrated ground
scattering hallowed seeds, wind blows
through the soil of intentions, what grows
 
carrying a packet of uprooted dreams

Seeking redemption from fall's darkness
bones and ash, skeletons of yesterday
the ferryman feasts on birds of prey

Drinking from the fountain of elements 
swaying to the hymn of the willow tree
In the shadow land spirits cry to be free
 
bowing and bending with the willow bough

I saw lanterns of  light on the Holy Hill
filtering through the black walnut grove
through the four gates, a spiritual trove
 
Today, I heard the whispers of creator
wandering the slope of the Holy Hill
seeking warmth from the autumn chill

reign down, rain down, in quarter notes
put a pearl in your pocket of hope....
 
author's note:  I am honoring a quest
and the holder of the master key
 
Sorry, Dear Friends  I haven't been 
around much, I am trying to heal... 
 
linking with earthweal
linking with The Sunday Muse 


16 comments:

  1. So beautiful, True...rest and heal, my friend. We will all be here whenever you post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful poem full of haunting imagery. I love 'the ferryman feasts on birds of prey' - creepy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is wonderful to see you and read your beautiful poetry my friend. Wishing you more and more healing and a peaceful week. Take care dear Truedessa.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A packet of uprooted dreams - amazing line.
    Take the time you need to heal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many good lines here--the last two flourish and top your mood off perfectly. Whatever you are healing from, I wish you peace, and many more words like these to comfort us all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful. I hope you heal perfectly and quickly. I send you love

    ReplyDelete
  7. Writing helps us heal,I believe. Sending peace and healing energy your way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "carrying a packet of uprooted dreams" Goodness, I love that line. beautiful writing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haunting but also hopeful. May those seeds grow and help you heal.

    ReplyDelete
  10. "put a pearl in your pocket of hope,"
    I hope your healing is that good!!
    Best wishes and a prayer.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Trudessa. I do hope your healing is bringing you comfort and joy. Thanks for this poem.
    Happy you dropped by my blog

    Much💜love

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful imagery, Trudessa. I grew up not far from a place called Holy Hill in southern Wisconsin. This took me back there, and then far beyond. Take care. <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. Atmospheric and compellingly beautiful poem. Wishing you peace and healing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another beautiful, ethereal poem!

    I hope you are all right, Truedessa. And that you are well along the healing path!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely hymn. Enjoy the calm that permeates this poem.

    ReplyDelete
  16. 'reign down, rain down, in quarter notes
    put a pearl in your pocket of hope....'

    So beautiful, Truedessa. Take your time healing.

    ReplyDelete