Tuesday, September 20, 2022

Arizona Dreaming

Photo by Shantanu Pal on Pexels.com

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Today, I am Arizona dreaming
to a place where hints of yellow-
orange saffron, cinnamon, nutmeg
dappled with vibrant paprika
airbrush the panoramic view

Traveling Airport Messa Road
following the map of past
experience to sacred land
feeling the swirling energy
as it brings healing...watching
the sun dip beyond the giant
cathedral as the bell rock
chimes in the background

Today, I am Arizona dreaming 
meditating in the realms of my
heart, soul and mind,  balancing 
with earth’s energy, a shaman 
whispers through the canyon
of inner thought

Traveling the scenic trails of
yesterday, opening space to enjoy
the spices of love & life; utilizing 
the power of intuition and senses
in the quest for harmony and peace
in a world of rocky terrain


linking with dVerse - Spicing It Up

writing poetry using words from a spice list
I used, Arizona Dreaming, saffron, cinnamon
paprika and  nutmeg,   Hosted by Merril

author's note:  I didn't know Arizona Dreaming
was a spice but, it took me back to a trip I took
to Sedona. It was a spiritual journey for me.

27 comments:

  1. Arizona dreaming....how lovely. Wonderful that you have been there. The colours in your poem helped me see it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sherry it was a while ago but, the beauty and mystique of the land has stayed with me.

      Delete
  2. makes me want to pay Arizona a visit

    ReplyDelete
  3. This would make a great song, Truedessa. I love the imagery of the opening stanza, and enjoyed the trip with you, especially the whispering ‘through the canyon of thought’.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim! Not quite as good as California Dreamin’ by the Mamas land the Papas

      Delete
  4. I was waiting for someone to write an Arizona Dreaming poem, and this one is perfect with such lovely, sensory images. It makes me want to go there. Arizona Dreaming is not a spice, but a spice blend made by Penzeys. I usually blend my own spices, but I do like this one--used it last night on roasted sweet potatoes. Thank you for joining in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Merril for hosting and the spicey prompt.

      Delete
  5. "in the quest for harmony and peace
    in world of rocky terrain"

    A wonderful ending Truedessa.

    Much💛love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gillena, may your week be a good one.

      Delete
  6. Love the spice colours. They fit the desert landscape perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jane, I was amazed at the vibrant red rocks.

      Delete
  7. That does capture the beauty of the desert.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "scenic trails of yesterday, opening space to enjoy the spices of love & life," Arizona is a nice state to visit, winter times are best but less scenic. You've sold me.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I visited in the spring, the weather was perfect for hiking and swimming.

      Delete
  9. This is beautiful True — extremely well written my friend… 👍🏼🙂✌🏼❤️

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like the spiraling feeling you have created here.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know Arizona fairly well ... the words you chose are wonderfully descriptive of a place I enjoy immensely. Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Helen, i found it be beautifully scenic….

      Delete
  12. Beautiful spicy images! You took me to the painted desert where we visited many years ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a beautiful desert, I went a few years ago before the pandemic hit.

      Delete
  13. Those spices work perfectly for the spectacular scenery of Arizona. I really enjoyed this piece as it brought back memories for me as well. Visiting the little Chapel of the Holy Cross, I was overcome with overwhelming emotion or some kind of spiritual energy, an experience I will never forget.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mish, I agree the Chapel indeed was energy filled and I too was filled with a sense of grace. The view at the top was unforgettable.

      Delete
  14. Vivid energy and spirituality. What a lovely combination.

    ReplyDelete