Thursday, March 2, 2023

Farewell

Tree, Sunset, Silhouette, Dusk
Courtesy of Pixabay

Today, I shed tears of sadness
how to bid you a proper farewell
an actor, a poet, a writer scripting
adventures...

Today, I recall a comment you left me
stating, I was one of your biggest fans
of the "BlackThorne" series. I marveled
at your wordsmithing and quick witted
dialogue between characters

Today, I reflect on how your poetry
had an impact on my journey.  You
spoke your mind and could give one
heck of a passionate rant

Today, I find words hard to find
as tears swell in my eyes.  You made
me see through a different lens at times
Your presence will be missed.  The final
curtain call (insert-soft drumroll)
You will be missed

Never gone - just transformed....

love and peace....

 

linking with dVerse
hosted by Lillian

Glenn Butkus was a member
of the dVerse community and his
presence will be deeply missed....

10 comments:

  1. A beautiful tribute, Truedessa. I think you have expressed what many of us feel. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These lines
    "You made
    me see through a different lens at times
    Your presence will be missed. The final
    curtain call (insert-soft drumroll)
    You will be missed

    Never gone - just transformed...."

    You say so much here....He did indeed show us the world in a different lens at times....and his voice was so powerful. And then you slip into his style and his ideas...the script direction and his idea that death is a transition...a transformation. Thank you for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful, True. I am glad Glenn said you were his biggest fan. He will be missed indeed. It is always sad to lose our poet friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, heartfelt, and genuine True. dVerse will not be the same moving forward.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to say more. Glenn was a special force unto himself — strong, raw yet refined, unfiltered, real, and wholly irreplaceable. I truly feel the chasm he has left. Certainly I, and I believe dVerse as well, will be less without his unique view of the world. Won’t be quite the same again. Glenn was a thinker, and poet with his own unique voice. And he was my fellow traveler for many years.

      Delete
  5. "transformed" yes indeed. I beleive that.

    Much💜love

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful and moving Truedessa. We will missed his voice in our pub gatherings. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 🤍Well said, transformed!🤍

    ReplyDelete
  8. That soft drumroll was a perfect companion to your words

    ReplyDelete