Sunday, March 19, 2023

Branching Out

Courtesy the Sunday Muse


I prepare to enter the realm of dreams
where I am free to wander a world of
amazing possibilities….

In the foggy mist I stumble over the
stump of a tree that once stood full
of vibrant life

I hear the ancient drums POUNDING
in my head

  Thump, ThuMP, THUMP

Reaching for the sky, within you is
a wonderful sphere of opportunities
capable of branching out in creative
energy…

Somewhere, beyond the field of
vision, if one is still, the whispering
of the tree can still be heard

I hear the ancient drums POUNDING
in my head

  Thump, ThuMP, THUMP

Opening the channels of the mind
and heart circulating healing energies
inward and outward connecting for
the greater purpose of being

Let your inner tree bud with the songs
of spring, reach for the radiant light
drink in the rain, sing in the sanctuary
of nature…

I hear the ancient drums POUNDING
in my head

  Thump, ThuMP, THUMP of

 

Linking with The Sunday Muse
hosted by Carrie

sharing with earthweal
hosted by Brendan

Author's note:  Last night I attended a drumming circle. To connect my drum with 50 other drums is an amazing experience.

May you experience the joys of renewed growth ....

 

12 comments:

  1. I love this, especially "let your inner tree bud with the songs of spring." Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Reaching for the sky, within you "

    Interesting image. Thanks for dropping by my blog today.

    Much❤love

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many little gems in this delightful poem. The drumming circle must have been amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sizing for Thump, ThuMP, THUMP is brilliant. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful imagery in this piece, beautiful at the same time a hidden darkness đź’•

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Let your inner tree bud with the songs
    of spring, reach for the radiant light
    drink in the rain, sing in the sanctuary
    of nature…"

    What a beautiful thought!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love trees so! This poem beats to that love wonderfully my friend! Truly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think that the "inner tree" has good vibrations for writing poetry and song.
    My son might like to join in with a drumming circle as he has been playing drummer with a garage band here in the Houston area for over 40 years. Sometimes they get paid gigs but it is a hobby and buddy group for them. Also sometimes, they have a female singer; they play hard rock mostly. Christmas time driveway music for the I think that the "inner tree" has good vibrations for writing poetry and song. My son might like to join in with drumming circle as he has been playing drummer with a garage band here in the Houston area for over 40 years. Sometimes they get paid gigs, but it is a hobby and buddy group for them. Also sometimes, they have a female singer; they play hard rock mostly. Christmas time driveway music for the Houston Heights residents and visitors.
    I am glad to hear of your playing, thank you for sharing.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was me, Jim. I thought I was signed in to google but guess not.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this: "connecting for
    the greater purpose of being" and "Let your inner tree bud with the songs of spring"

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that your writing is so attuned to nature.
    Sandra sandracox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete