Wednesday, September 11, 2024

Rollin' Away

Free Waves Sky photo and picture
courtesy of pixabay

 

In your dark haunting eyes
I saw the storms you tried to hide
I saw where wild passion resides

billowing sails took you away
there was nothing more to say
no words, could make you stay

love just a rollin' wave
in a deep sea of mystic blue
you were a song driftin' away

 dreamin' of you, all night through
 you know it's true, true true
 my heart always sailed to you, you, you

the universe bedazzled us
the melody of the sea tremulous
often we floated anchor-less

on cloudless nights, searching the sea
harmony seems to be off key
lost are the verses of you and me

love just a rollin' wave
in a deep sea of mystic blue
you were a song driftin’ away

 dreamin' of you, all night through
you know it's true, true, true
my heart always sailed to you, you, you

linking with dVerse
writing sea poems - hosted by Lillian

16 comments:

  1. What a wonderfully sea-infused love poem, Truedessa! I would like to hear it put to music.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would be great set to music.
    A troubled heart is challenged to stay true to love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How I would love to hear this sung! It's perfect for a song....the repetition, the sense of it...I can feel it rolling in a lovely mesmorizine tune!
    "on cloudless nights, searching the sea
    harmony seems to be off key
    lost are the verses of you and me"
    I am especially smitten with the above words!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lillian - I appreciate your kind words

      Delete
  4. Wow! This is so beautifully written. The emotions are as powerful as the roiling of the sea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful. It reads like a lovely song.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1953, The Ames Brothers ... You, You, You. I remember singing it with my sisters and your poem brought all the music back!!!! Love this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Helen - I had to google The Ames Brothers, I have never heard of them or their song. Before my time :)

      Delete
  7. Just like Kim I would love to see this set to music....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bjorn - I have a melody in my head

      Delete
  8. I agree with the above commenters. It would make a grand song
    Sandra sandracox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandra for always supporting my wanderings.

      Delete