| Courtesy of Pixabay - by Joe |
Take me out to the trees
I need space to breathe
when emotions feel heavy
there’s an ache in my belly
I can’t seem to find words
there are no nouns or verbs
my heart needs to be strong
it’s hard for me to say so long
Take me to where hope takes root
finding new trails, alternative routes
amongst the tall scented pines
sudden rustling of leaves, a sign
What’s going on, poetic guidance
a time of change voices fall silent
seeking spiritual alignment
Take me out to the trees
I need space to breathe
when emotions feel heavy
there’s an ache in my belly
I can’t seem to find words
there are no nouns or verbs
my heart needs to be strong
it’s hard for me to say so long
Take me to where nature calls
a hidden sanctuary with no walls
oaks and maples changing in color
new adventures waiting to discover
What’s going on, poetic guidance
a time of change voices fall silent
seeking spiritual alignment
written for What's Going On?:Open Link
What's Going On? Is closing it's poetic doors
after this week's open link. I wrote this to
try and express this loss of community.
Thanks to Sherry, Mary, Susan and Sumana for all their hard work in maintaining a community for poets to write. You all have been supportive to my creative wanderings. This is a new poem my way of saying good-bye.
Brightest Blessings
Truedessa, thank you for your beautiful poem and thoughts. And for supporting us so faithfully. I resonate with "take me out to the trees" for I am very tired, and a lot of that is what the global and political heaviness has caused. Somehow, I have to get back into writing in support of our poor struggling earth mother. HOPEFULLY the current insanity (literal insanity) will change soon. We live in hope because we cant live without it. I will see you on the trail, my friend.
ReplyDeleteThat is very sad they are ending it. Beautiful tribute, Truedessa.
ReplyDelete