Wednesday, September 9, 2026

Falling Silent

Courtesy of Pixabay - by Joe

 Take me out to the trees
I need space to breathe
when emotions feel heavy
there’s an ache in my belly

I can’t seem to find words
there are no nouns or verbs
my heart needs to be strong
it’s hard for me to say so long

Take me to where hope takes root
finding new trails, alternative routes
amongst the tall scented pines
sudden rustling of leaves, a sign

What’s going on, poetic guidance
a time of change voices fall silent
 seeking spiritual alignment 

Take me out to the trees
I need space to breathe
when emotions feel heavy
there’s an ache in my belly

I can’t seem to find words
there are no nouns or verbs
my heart needs to be strong
it’s hard for me to say so long

Take me to where nature calls
a hidden sanctuary with no walls
oaks and maples changing in color
new adventures waiting to discover

What’s going on, poetic guidance
a time of change voices fall silent
 seeking spiritual alignment

written for What's Going On?:Open Link  

What's Going On? Is closing it's poetic doors
after this week's open link.  I wrote this to
try and express this loss of community.

Thanks to Sherry, Mary, Susan and Sumana for all their hard work in maintaining a community for poets to write.  You all have been supportive to my creative wanderings. This is a new poem my way of saying good-bye.

Brightest Blessings 

16 comments:

  1. Truedessa, thank you for your beautiful poem and thoughts. And for supporting us so faithfully. I resonate with "take me out to the trees" for I am very tired, and a lot of that is what the global and political heaviness has caused. Somehow, I have to get back into writing in support of our poor struggling earth mother. HOPEFULLY the current insanity (literal insanity) will change soon. We live in hope because we cant live without it. I will see you on the trail, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sherry, thank you for all your support over the years I have enjoyed writing to the various prompts. I will miss the site but, I know I will still be reading your words. Until our paths meet again, my friend.

      Delete
  2. That is very sad they are ending it. Beautiful tribute, Truedessa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is sad to see another poetry site close its doors. I did enjoy their site.

      Delete
  3. See you round the traps Trudessa. Keep writing your lovely poems. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Take me to where nature calls
    a hidden sanctuary with no walls
    oaks and maples changing in color
    new adventures waiting to discover "

    Beautiful words. I think we all need this.....our own sanctuary somewhere in nature. You seem to be much in tune with that idea. As you, I will (hopefully) continue to write. It is good escape, if nothing else! Thanks for being such a reeliable writer and commenter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again Mary for you work and support through the years. We all need an a place to escape and writing is therapeutic.

      Delete
  5. I became a bit emotional, reading your beautiful lines, Truedessa. I resonate so much with your love for nature and your hopeful vision. In this site you've gifted us wonderful poems. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sumana - may your path lead to peace.

      Delete
  6. My favorite line, among many:) 'A hidden sanctuary with no walls.'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandra - I find peace in communing with nature. It is non-judgemental. I hope your week is going well.

      Delete
  7. "What’s going on, poetic guidance
    a time of change voices fall silent
    seeking spiritual alignment"
    You gave me tears hear, friend poet! I love your rhyme and your tribute to what these prompted sites attempt. "Take me to the next adventure ...to where nature calls" indeed! May you always be inspired to write.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan, thank you for all your kind comments. It is much appreciated. Brightest blessing.

      Delete
  8. Truedessa, I did just this a few days ago. I went out to a beautiful lake surrounded by trees for most of the day and the ache in my belly was soothed. What a blessing it is to be able to do just what your poem describes. Beautiful poem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nature has a way of soothing us when we are troubled.

      Delete