Thursday, September 10, 2026

Falling in Love

“Between the Falling in Love Parts,” by Phyllis Bramson

I heard you shouldn't fall in love with your muse
even when it brings a new ache, a new desire
for creativity is the lightning rod, the fuse
it’s the poem, the songs that lifts me higher

Holding him close in heart but, far from arms
don’t cling to the vision, hold on to the feeling
 mesmerizing sweet words, melody and charms
an other-worldly connection to another being

Between you and I and the falling in love parts
the language of creativity is a work of art

Where do I begin and where do you end
in this whimsical world where we blend 

In another realm you will always be my man 
in a dream is where it all began

You’re everything magical, I imagined you to be
waking from dreams, writing poetry at three
my untouched love, you will forever remain
listening to the rain, you my sweetest refrain

I heard you shouldn't fall in love with your muse
even when it brings a new ache, a new desire
for creativity is the lightning rod the fuse
it’s the poem, the songs that lifts me higher

Between you and I and the falling in love parts
the language of creativity is a work of art

Where do I begin and where do you end
in this whimsical world where we blend

In another realm you will always be my man
in a dream is where it all began

written for dVerse Poets Pub - Open Link Night 
hosted by Lisa

Thank you for visiting 

If you are out there this one is for you!   
I may re-work this at some point in time...

20 comments:

  1. Your opening line, repeated later, was food for thought: can you not love your muse?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It may change the dynamics between inspiration and reality. Just pondering.

      Delete
  2. Truedessa, I hear your voice, clear and certain. I understand why you don't want to mess with your muse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps, it is better to love from a far. I recently read a book that touched on this subject. It had me pondering. In a story a musician fell in love with his muse and he was afraid it would ruin his creative energy if he acted upon it.

      Delete
  3. Falling in love with your muse seems entirely natural the way you speak of it, True, and why not, when she clearly does not fail you?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps, the muse is a man an artist in his own right.

      Delete
  4. I like the repetition in this poem, Truedessa, and these lines resonated with me:
    ‘You’re everything magical, I imagined you to be
    waking from dreams, writing poetry at three’.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim a muse should be magical and inspirational.

      Delete
  5. Nice! The muse can be very real.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alex - Yes, the muse can be very real.

      Delete
  6. Between you and I and the falling in love parts
    the language of creativity is a work of art

    Love the above assertion True!! Creativity is certainly a work of art!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hank, Creativity is a work of art and always a work in progress. Have a great day!

      Delete
  7. Very true, Truedessa! Your muse is that shadow that follows you around and wakes you up at night with the urge to say something profound!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love those moments of profound thoughts.

      Delete
  8. As someone who did fall in love with their muse when they were younger, even if unanswered... I am very grateful for that experience as I would not be who I am without that. Taught me kindness and writing poetry... And love one the most pure form...

    Loved this poem!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing your experience. I agree, it can represent a pure form of love.

      Delete
  9. I love that you took the image to be about love between poet and muse... and of course that is often unavoidable

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bjorn, thanks I guess I have pondering muses.

      Delete
  10. I think falling in love with one's muse is a prerequisite for exquisite poetry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do seem to go together love and poetry.

      Delete