![]() |
| “Between the Falling in Love Parts,” by Phyllis Bramson |
I heard you can’t fall in love with your muse
even when it brings a new ache, a new desire
for creativity is the lightning rod, the fuse
it’s the poem, the songs that lifts me higher
Holding you close in heart but, far from arms
don’t cling to the vision, hold on to the feeling
mesmerizing sweet words, melody and charms
an other-worldly connection to another being
Between you and I and the falling in love parts
the language of creativity is a work of art
Where do I begin and where do you end
in this whimsical world where we blend
You’re everything magical, I imagined you to be
waking from dreams, writing poetry at three
my untouched love, you will forever remain
listening to the rain, you my sweetest refrain
I heard you can’t fall in love with your muse
even when it brings a new ache, a new desire
for creativity is the lightning rod the fuse
it’s the poem, the songs that lifts me higher
Between you and I and the falling in love parts
the language of creativity is a work of art
Where do I begin and where do you end
in this whimsical world where we blend
written for dVerse Poets Pub - Open Link Night
hosted by Lisa
Thank you for visiting

Your opening line, repeated later, was food for thought: can you not love your muse?
ReplyDeletePerhaps, you can but I hear it is risky.
DeleteTruedessa, I hear your voice, clear and certain. I understand why you don't want to mess with your muse.
ReplyDelete