Thursday, August 13, 2020

Between the Bulrush & Cattails

 

Between the bulrush and cattails

a glimpse of  nature's creatures

where did this pair come

from, how far have they traveled

I considered their symbolic meaning

in my own

life

 

recalling  a dream where I once sprouted

wings and flew the heavens un-tethered

a giant hawk

 

something stirs in the tree nearby,  a

red winged blackbird takes flight

 

sadly, my wings have been clipped

and I'm grounded here when I

want to fly to you 

when will covid

be a memory

and

not 

reality

 

in a dream last night, I thought of

you and in the morning light you

disappeared....

and I envy the two birds sojourning

together 

 

linking with https://dversepoets.com/2020/08/13/mtb-stream-of-consciousness-writing/

Grace is hosting - the prompt is to  generate a stream of 

conscious writing, a little abstract but, here are the wanderings

of my mind

14 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful and poignant piece. We all want that freedom back, the one where we knew the world was our normal chaotic; I never could have imagined this happening. I'm hoping that we will slowly return to our normal ways where Covid is no longer a reality too, where instead it will be more like a distant dream (nightmare). Beautiful piece with such eloquent phrases. What an excellent stream of consciousness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nicely done! l loved your flight as an eagle and the envy of the two birds who don't have to worry about wearing masks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good to see what people are really thinking about. Lots of birds tonight - I think we are all yearning to fly away at the moment. Very poignant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice dream!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautifully done!!💝💝

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wouldn't we all like to join the birds flying away to somewhere non-pandemic.....only to realize there is no such place! UGH

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eagles soaring is such an emotion producing visual ... I enjoyed this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to a bird and fly away too. Hope you are well and safe. Keep dreaming and someday, who knows, it may come true.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Longing and birds and wings...I hope you are reunited soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. in a dream last night, I thought of
    you and in the morning light you
    disappeared....

    There are occasions when our desire is reflected in our dreams which is all very healthy happenings! How has it been with you True. The new normal seems familiar to most people now. Stay safe Ma'am!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  11. this almost made me cry. you wrote my heart in this one

    ReplyDelete
  12. I truly love this... and how you return to that persistent thougtht of being abondoned

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love love love this poem. It says so much, especially about freedom.

    ReplyDelete