Monday, August 17, 2020

Sands of Time

Beach, Sea, Wave, Water, Ocean
courtesy of Pixabay

 

It was a wondrous chapter in my life. One,  I never wanted to end.

I fell into the oceans of your poetry and songs.  I felt the ebb and flow

of magical energy walking the shoreline of a distant love.  

 

Our words were made of stardust.  Our souls danced beyond the clouds. 

I often re-call all the poetic moments.  The lyrical ballads still beat in

the chamber of my heart.

 

You,  my untouched love remain a song un-written.

"When it is over, said and done,  it was a time and there was

never enough of it"

 

linking with dVerse - Hosted by Merrill

https://dversepoets.com/2020/08/17/prosery-monday-a-time/ 

writing a bit of  Prosery using the selected line in your piece.

"When it is over,  said and done

 it was a time 

and there was never enough of it"

 –Allison Adelle Hedge Coke, “A Time”

17 comments:

  1. One I never wanted to end.
    I fell into the oceans of
    your poetry and songs

    The love of creative writing is always accompanied with a passion not easily given up. Rightly said True!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, beautiful writing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Separated not only by distance, but also by the circumstances we all find ourselves under.
    I especially like this line:
    "You my untouched love remain a song un-written."

    Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your story... was it real or was it... distance... or was it a dream It doesn't matter when memories are locked in the mind!
    Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Something that beautiful, one never wants to end. I love "our souls danced beyond the clouds."

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is sheer magic, the way your words are woven.
    Thanks for dropping by to read mine

    Much💝love

    ReplyDelete
  7. This all seems so familiar, from many years ago, the falling into oceans of poetry and songs. It’s hard to let go of the romance, even when we know that it’s over.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The ocean imagery suits the theme of time passing and taking things away so well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful imagery and a beautiful take at the prompt!

    ReplyDelete
  10. There's always that special moment with someone we'll never forget.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your prosery brought back lovely memories of a chapter in my life like the one you describe .... sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I, too, have a song unwritten, and I often wonder... I suspect you have jostled the memory in more than one of us!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this... and while it's sad it's not depressing to be able to have known such love.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This was a wonderful write. Wistful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely writing and beautiful imagery--the ebb and flow of words and love. Poignant--the song unwritten.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very nice. Pleasant to read.

    ReplyDelete