Sunday, January 3, 2021

The Edge Of Time

 

 

She awakens in her dreams

to an altered reality...
in this world beyond the stars
he lifts her up on open wings
transcendent love he takes her
higher reaching rolling peaks of
desire
traveling the supernatural world
she spins in a counter-clockwise
rotation...
flying  on an elevated plane of existence
never has she felt so high...

  dawn to dusk
   breath to breath
     heart to heart
        soul to soul

then the unimaginable
morning light; over the horizon
he drifts away, leaving her
alone on a cold winter day
tumbling to earth from the sky
crashing into a field of soft snow
her wings torn, her greatest love
disappeared on the edge of time

whispering  a promise,  I will see
you again, to become the day
we must embrace the night
 
it is said "time is now" but, when
is now?  

linking with The Sunday Muse
 
feeling a bit blue today
time seems to be slipping away...





20 comments:

  1. Thank you for the "space odyssey" and for "Time in a Bottle", one of my favorites. I identify with the "blues". We've had no sunshine for too many days, and that does it for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bev it seems the weather does effect our moods. I hope the sun comes out soon your way.

      Delete
  2. The cure for the blues has to be a poem that catapults one into another orbit! Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Helen, that is does words and poetry can take us somewhere else!

      Delete
  3. Happy New Year !!!
    Jim's "Time in a Bottle" is one of my favorites.
    The "he" in your poem s a real "heel". A little
    laugh, I first misread a line to say "traveling
    the supermarket world" and wondered, what the ...
    I have a long evaluation scheduled the end of
    January to be reedy for cataract surgery. One
    eye sees very cloudy, the other has double
    vision when used alone.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year Jim! I hope your surgery goes well and the clouds disperse.

      Delete
  4. I echo your slipping away feeling. For the last few days I have felt like I was stuck in blackness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. whispering a promise, I will see
    you again, to become the day
    we must embrace the night

    There is so much to look forward to and one dreams incessantly but it goes on. It is so difficult to determine when it is 'now' Wonderful write True and Happy New Year, Ma'am. Stay safe!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hank

      Hope will sustain us through these dark days

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Sad and blue that is how I am feeling!

      Delete
  7. Time is always slipping away, it is the biggest bastard of them all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The wistful feel of this struck me softly. This is beautiful and the truth in it is a hard one to take sometimes. Time does slip away doesn't it? Lovely as always Truedessa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carrie thank you for all you do! Your support is appreciated.

      Delete
  9. Exultation, to fly so high; the fall to earth so painful. So much is slipping away.........a sad and beautiful poem, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi my friend, I guess some dreams are bittersweet.

      Delete
  10. Yeah, time can be fickle and always out of time or not in it enough.

    ReplyDelete