Thursday, December 31, 2020

Reflections

The Sunday Muse

 
 A Reason

If you came into my life for a reason
I thank you for hearing the call
sharing your time and energy
bringing forth healing

I thank you for bringing a song
on the wings of love, so I might
once again hear the melody of life

I thank you for bringing me the gift
of poetry that allowed my voice
to be heard

I thank you for bringing me the wonders
of a story with characters I can believe in

A Season

If you came into my life for a season
I thank you for hearing the call
sharing your gifts in times
of transition

I thank you for bringing me spring
  cherry blossoms in bloom
a reminder of renewal & rebirth

I thank you for bringing me summer
blue skies and abundant light
warm days to revitalize
my soul

I thank you for bringing me autumn
bursting with color and change
preserving all the essentials
needed for the journey ahead

I thank you for bringing me winter
time to sleep and dream in the beauty
of fresh fallen snow, the circle of
life.

A Lifetime

If you came into my life for a lifetime
I thank you for bringing your strength
and unconditional love and support

I thank you for bringing me the gift
of strong roots, so we might grow
as spiritual beings in a vast universe
of unknown beauty. Exploring beyond
the scope of our natural eyes and to
raise our consciousness to the vibration
of love.

I thank you for bringing me the gift
of yourself, standing with me in the
good and bad times, soul to soul
heart to heart

author's note:  I wrote this a couple of years ago but, it seems
appropriate to post again. I have revised it a bit. The last year has
been difficult people have come and gone in my life but, I hold
a special place for all who have touched my life and heart.

Peace, light and love always

Wishing you a new year filled with hope and love

Linking with the The Sunday Muse

5 comments:

  1. This is simply beautiful ~~~ wishing you good health and peace in 2021!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful, True. I love the division of stanzas, to a reason, a season and a lifetime, with gratitude for all. Just a beautiful poem. Wishing you the very best in 2021. (It is so good to not have to say 2020 any more.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a marvelous poem. I can easily apply it to the characters who have come on stage in my life, some for a reason, some for a season, and some for a lifetime. What a wonderful reflection, and how wonderful to envision them all with gratitude. I loved this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. For me this is a lovely poem; from its thoughtful organization holding meaningful personal encounters in the light of having a reason, then the timing in stages, i.e. seaasons, of life, on to those enduring for lifetimes. I hope that I will return to essentially making a diary in retrospect. Of course the product wouldn't be poetry by any definition. It might hold an outline for memoir writing, organization and method of presentation I felt was essential with mine, unfinished as it is.
    I did enjoy its repetition in the sectional beginnings.
    Thank you.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful! Wishing you the same!! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete