Sunday, December 20, 2020

Time & Love - There's Never Enough

Laura Nyro

I was born with music in my soul
lyrical songs and poetry in my heart
dreams sometimes, I can't control
this sea of emotions, tears me apart
passionate journeys often get tough
two things I've learned in this life
time and love, there's never enough
precious are these, hold them tight

oh my love, let me sing you a  song
hopefully, I can right some wrongs
in the game of love, were we pawns

harmony is often difficult to achieve
life's tempo is constantly changing
wandering spirits, needing to believe
penning words, our notes are aging
songs have a beginning and end
romantic ballads, echo through time
singing the blues, music can transcend
somewhere, I dreamt you were mine

oh my love, let me sing you a  song
hopefully, I can right some wrongs
in the game of love, were we pawns

I was born with music in my soul
lyrical songs and poetry in my heart
dreams sometimes, I can't control
a sea of emotions, tears me apart
passionate journeys  often gets tough
two things I've learn in this strange life
time and love, there's never enough
precious are they, hold them tight

oh my love, let me sing you a  song
hopefully, I can right some wrongs
in the game of love, were we pawns

Time and love there's never enough
time and love there's never enough
time and love there's never enough

precious are they, hold them tight..... 


linking with the The Sunday Muse

author's note:  This is dedicated to
the one that drifted away....

16 comments:

  1. Pawns in the game of love. May your songs right some wrongs. A touching vulnerability is evidenced here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true, and your rhyme and rhythm pick up the mood of the pic perfectly. "somewhere, I dreamt you were mine.." December is the time for dreams like that, and songs like this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never enough time or love. So true, and beautiful put here. Tomorrow never comes for too, too many.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing cures like time and love. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply beautiful ... harmony is what the world needs now. Loud, in tune, together. Happy Holidays to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is wonderful and would suit being put to music very well. Never enough time and love, for sure.........yet, looking back, there has been SO MUCH of it!!!!!!! I loved this, True.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Time and love there's never enough

    How very true, True! They are constrains that impinge on the logical flow for which adjustments are expected to be done. Recognising them and doing something about it is better than whining. Great rhyming Ma'am!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  8. Never enough for sure of "time and love"
    We are not in control, we must make the best of them
    Merry Christmas. Thanks for dropping by my blog today

    Much💜love

    ReplyDelete
  9. So very true! Time and love we always long for more. This poetic song is lovely Truedessa!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So delicate and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful...much needed harmony in this world. Love the rhythm and rhyme of this piece.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Time and love, quite an unlikely pair. I smile reading your poem, if cursing was in my 11-year-old granddaughter, she would give her older sister a talking down. She is so upset at her, she stayed in Washington D.C after graduating instead of coming home to us. Now she has a boyfriend to tie her there and take all here sister's time, the little one thinks her sister is surely not acting 'big sister-like.'
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Time and love. Sort of makes other issues unimportant. Beautiful writing, Trudessa!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Strong piece True! Beautiful! Made me cry. Magical! Well written. I am listening to Laura’s album “Angel In The Dark” as I write this. Damn she was so good. Left us way way too soon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful writing. As Rob said, 'magical.' Harmony is indeed difficult to achieve, but when it does....so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete