Saturday, January 30, 2021

Beautiful Moon

The Sunday Muse

 

Tonight, there's a  beautiful full moon
starlight dances in the windless night
my soul recalls, sweet beguiling tunes

longing to abandon this safe cocoon
glistening snow, golden beams of light
tonight there's a beautiful full moon

 you ghosted me, my heart marooned
this song of ours, we need to re-write
my soul recalls, sweet beguiling tunes

 dreaming of you, morning arrives soon
lyrical poems, words of love, shall I recite
tonight there's a beautiful full moon

 entranced darkness, luminous swoon
illusions of yesterday, tomorrow's delight
my soul recalls, sweet beguiling tunes

 serenading my beloved, I'm a blue loon
passion and fire, distant stars ignite
tonight there's a beautiful full moon
my soul recalls, sweet beguiling tunes

 linking with The Sunday Muse

Thank-you for visiting

author's note: It snowed here this
week, the night air crisp and cold
the beautiful full moon warmed the night

32 comments:

  1. A most exquisite pantoum ... a most difficult form. Brava!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Helen! This one I was feeling today. I do like pantoums but, this time I tried a villanelle. Both use repetition and can be difficult.

      Delete
  2. Damn, you do these amazing pantoums. So great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank gbit, I used the Villanelle for this one. Similar to a pantoum with repetition.

      Delete
  3. A wolf moon, at that...extra special. I love the poem, especially "I'm a blue loon."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning form and beautiful thoughts. Love this Truedessa!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The full moon sure brought forth a wonderful tune. Blah to the snow though lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pat! I am sure you have enough snow your way. Are you getting the frigid temperatures?

      Delete
    2. Nope. All nice and warm here now.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Hi Alex, that it is and rhythm holds it together.

      Delete
  7. Gorgeous! That last stanza was amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for hosting, a lovely photo to spark some words.

      Delete
  8. Excellent form! Love that ending line

    ReplyDelete
  9. Villanelle and pantoum ... put the words together and you have pantaloons. Whichever, I admire your skill!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Thanks Bev I am just happy people enjoyed the poem no matter the form. Have a wonderful day!

      Delete
  10. I like this, it's a marvelous counterpoint to most of our poems for this prompt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I slipped in a ray of morning light.

      Delete
  11. Nice that you got to see the January moon and be so beautifully inspired. Thanks for dropping by my blig today.

    Much💖love

    ReplyDelete
  12. Truly, truly beautiful! Thank you for sharing your passion with us Truedessa! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm with you, your last verse. The moon is meant for serenading your lover, especially this wonderful Wolf Moon we have been having this weekend.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jim the moon does have a mysterious allure.

      Delete
  14. Tender and beautiful True, well penned!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a peaceful and beautiful poem!! A full moon always takes my breath away!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a beautiful poem. The emotion pouring from it stirs my heart to recall reflections I was carried to on moonlight snowy nights.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amazing use of this form, so beautifully written.

    ReplyDelete