Thursday, January 13, 2022

Gratitude in a Feathered Friend

Pileated Woodpecker
courtesy of Pixabay

 Time marches forward
there is a melancholy
wistfulness that ebbs
and flows in my soul

 for what was, for what
never was and for what
is yet to come

 but, in this moment
I ponder gratitude
and what it means
to me in the journey

 today, it means
a warm winter day
with blue skies

 it means a pileated
woodpecker playing
hide and seek, a reminder
to tap into natural energy
seize new opportunities

 I am grateful for the
TAP, Tap, tapping
the drumming heartbeat
of nature's song

there is a humbleness
and wisdom in a
feathered friend

 I am grateful for
the message to never
give up
hammering out difficulties
with determination and faith

linking with  earthweal

Hosted by Sherry
writing about gratitude


Author's note:  Today, I went for a walk
and was inspired by this encounter
with the pileated woodpecker

14 comments:

  1. I love he message of that woodpecker, the gratitude for a sunny day. Here, after days of heavy rain and darkness, we were blessed by a sunny day, with a bit of fog at the beach and HUGE waves. Absolutely glorious. I love your "drumming heartbeat of nature's song." We heard the lovely cries of oystercatchers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sherry, I was going to post something else but, today the woodpecker sent me a message. I decided to honor this feathered friend.

      Delete
  2. That gratitude is winter fuel - a tapping morse of hope in the daily rounds of a woodpecker. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tapping morse and the listener is free to decipher its meaning. I stood in awe watching him as he tilted his head at me. Truly wondrous in the moment.

      Delete
  3. Hi Truedessa - what a wonderful poem ... so appropriate for us to keep on at the moment. While I did so love seeing the woodpeckers when I was in Canada ... while birdsong and nature runs together naturally ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hilary, thank you for visiting. Yes, we must keep tapping into energy that will keep us motivated.

      Cheers

      Delete
  4. That's right - never give up, never surrender.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The message is clear onward we go in faith with love in our hearts.

      Happy weekend my friend!

      Delete
  5. I love your positive attitude.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rall, some days it is difficult but, I continue onward

      Delete
  6. Birds always show us the way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the idea that the woodpecker is hammering out a message to never give up, to keep on going. I've never heard one (we don't have them in Australia). It must be a very persistent sound Suzanne - (wordpress) Mapping Uncertainty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Suzanne, it is a persistent sound and they also have a unique call. Once in a while I will see one here.

      Delete