Tuesday, August 30, 2022

River Hawk - Song of an Osprey

Courtesy of Pixabay

Facing the hot summer sun
a silhouette appears in the sky
swooping over the river edge
swerving in front of my path
I stand frozen, a frighten doe
adjusting my vision in bright light
pondering my next move

The river hawk, sharing energy
with a weary traveler, a reminder
that sometimes we need to claw
our way back spiritually, communing
with nature brings healing and balance
faith is at a tipping point and the
challenge of change is ahead

what are the desires of your heart

Awareness often brings clarity
after the blinding light of love
lingering clouds disperse liberating
the captive heart, freeing negativity
positive energy can once again flow
through the veins of consciousness
and the songs of hope sing loud

The river hawk, a catcher of fish
knows to take only what he needs
filling his belly when hunger strikes
the water recedes and diving into
the depth of understanding can be
difficult, how to navigate the
waterway to inner harmony, a
shaman will always dream a way

what song will nourish you soul

linking with earthweal

author's note: I had a surreal encounter with an Osprey
the other day.  I am honoring his visitation. 

Thank you for reading the wanderings of my mind...


5 comments:

  1. The river hawk knows how to live simply and effectively - we could learn from that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I said to Sherry, birds are so entwined with the river. A lovely immersion in your words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful. A lovely reminder to stay in touch with nature.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You honor the visitation with a glide between heaven and earth. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Truedessa, I like how you honor the osprey encounter and also how you share what you learned from the osprey. In the book I'm reading right now by Jamie Sams, she calls the animals creature teachers.

    ReplyDelete