Sunday, January 29, 2023

Perched on the edge of a Song

Courtesy the Sunday Muse



 

 All that we see or seem is but a dream
within a dream ~ Edgar Allan Poe

 

 

 

 

 


 

Perched on the edge of creativity
would I be the songs of the crows
pounding the ebony and ivory keys
for what never was, for all the heartache
and scars of lost dreams

would you listen to my grieving sonata
a journey of constantly moving emotions

it's hard to soar when your wings are torn
flying too close to the thistles and rose thorns

music of life, love and loss pass before my
bloodshot,  teary eyes

Peck
  PECK
    PECKING apart pieces of my soul.....

Or...

would I be the songs of the mourning doves
softly breaking this spell of darkness
on wings of compassion

 coo
  coo
    cooing

a renewed song of love and life....resting
on the bench of contentment

Perhaps..

I'd be the song of a  free-bird soaring in the air of spontaneous energy...
full on,  rhapsody of contrasting mood and tone, UN-tethered
a composition filled with lyrical passion

 

linking with The Sunday Muse
hosted by Carrie

sharing with earthweal
open link forum hosted by Brendan

Author's note: Thank you for taking the time to read the wanderings of my mind.


20 comments:

  1. Nice one. Who knows which song will be you.

    Happy Sunday

    Much❤live

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who know? It might depend on the day or mood. :)

      Delete
  2. This is beautiful, True. So many possibilities for song.......I especially love the songs of the mourning doves. My sister has a flock in her yard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Sherry, There is a pair here that sits outside every morning.

      Delete
  3. A very participation welcome, your adventures in song, "... Ibe the songs of the crows - pounding the ebony and ivory keys - for what never was, for all the heartache - and scars of lost dreams."
    Fun playing. Do you play? I had two semesters of College Piano and my teacher said I was ready for private lessons. But I didn't do that.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, I do not play the piano. A humble hoop drum for me.

      Delete
  4. I suppose we find our voice somewhere in between the harshness and the cooing and the soaring and the torn wings.... thoughtful poem!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely lovely Truedessa! I love the thoughts and questions and points of view of different birds. Having a voice is what writers truly do. I love this my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dear Carrie, for all you do!

      Delete
  6. Truedessa, I like the inspiration you drew from this photo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd listen to your grieving sonata.

    ReplyDelete
  8. All great songs but I think the last one is my favourite. Suzanne - Mapping Uncertainty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Suzanne for visiting and commenting, much appreciated.

      Delete
  9. 'Perched on the edge of creativity would I be the songs of the crows' That's always the question, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love everything about this poem, Tru! Perfect formatting as well.

    ReplyDelete