Monday, June 5, 2023

Strawberry Moon

Free Strawberry Splash photo and picture
Strawberry - Pixabay

 

Today, it felt hot for a spring day.  A tequila sunrise that makes one long for a few extra cubes of ice to cool the heat of the morning sun. The weather report said there was a chance of rain showers later in the day.  I searched the fiery sky for a sign of refreshing water, a needed relief for a parched land. Sadly, no rain came only, a few passing clouds making their way to another destination.

Sitting on the deck, enjoying some ripe strawberries with whipped cream I watched the last slice of the setting sun. I reflected on how quickly the canvas shifts. An early moon is just a piece of change in the softening sky, as day turns to evening.  Tonight, I will dream of softening hearts under a serene orb of light.  


linking with dVerse
hosted my Merill
writing prosery no more than 144 words
incorporating the following prompt line

“An early moon is just a piece of change
in the softening sky. “

 Author's note:  I did get to see the Strawberry Moon over the weekend. It was magnificent.

23 comments:

  1. Very well done. Love your story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hot days have their reward. As the night comes and the day cools off. Nice sequence story.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Last week the weather was unusually warm here.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful. How awesome to see the sunset from your deck. I miss sunsets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is beautiful some nights as the sky is airbrushed with amazing color.

      Delete
  4. Nice one Truedessa. Thanks for dropping by my blog
    Much💚love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gillena! Have a great day

      Delete
  5. Love “softening hearts under a serene orb of light”🩵

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your piece gave me welcome warmth on a very chilly morning here I North Norfolk, Truedessa. We are still waiting for the sun. You also made me long for strawberries and cream!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is spring here so the weather changes. Last week it was in the 90’s this week a noticeably 20 degrees cooler.

      Delete
  7. A lovely response. Strawberries and whipped cream under the strawberry moon. That's a serene and delicious moment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The strawberries have been delicious. They aren't growing here yet. Shipped up from the south.

      Delete
  8. Nothing like some cool strawberries. Although we have not been that hot yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do enjoy strawberries in whipped cream. Yum… It is much cooler today and rain is on its way! Yay for the parched grass and plants.

      Delete
  9. Now I have a hankering for strawberries! Darn you, Truedessa! (heheheheh!)

    Much love,
    David
    SkepticsKaddish.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. David haha those strawberries are delicious. Thanks for visiting. I have tried to leave comments on your posts but, I am unable. Please know I am reading and enjoying your poetry.

      Delete
  10. Tonight, I will dream of softening
    hearts under a serene orb of light.

    Love your close, True! You cleverly provided a connection to continue the prompt to a smooth ending!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hank! Always wonderful to have you here.

      Delete
  11. Great handling of the prompt. Prompts are always a challenge for me ... my muse doesn't like being told what to write. :-) The title of your blog ties in with the latest WIP in which an orphan is tugged in skips and jumps against his will. Best of luck with your future prompts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. And just maybe tomorrow will bring that much needed rain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish it would rain all the wildfire smoke from Canada is hovering here. There is an air quality alert.

      Delete