Tuesday, June 13, 2023

Beyond the Veil

Free Stairs Stone photo and picture
Courtesy of Pixabay

 

I dreamt of a stairway to heaven
but I couldn't find it through the haze
heard it was a place where all is forgiven
guardians above the sisters of seven

I met a wizard in an enchanted forest
tell me, do you ever hear the stars
how would I know, I'm an accidental tourist
if love heals, why do I still carry the scars

Beyond the veil, redemption is calling
and the stars are forever falling, falling, falling

Stumbling in the darkness, a beam of light
why is a rose filled with beauty and thorns
I heard a lyrical song whispering in the night
mysterious shadows, a pair of doves mourn

Tired of traveling all these dead-end roads
climbing a spiraling staircase into the clouds
a hundred fireflies dancing in a warm glow
and the wizard transformed in a mystical owl

Beyond the veil, redemption is calling
and the stars are forever falling, falling, falling

 

linking with dVerse
hosted by Lisa

The challenge today is to choose a musical artist, song, or genre of music and write a poem inspired by it or them. 

I chose a mix of Stairway to Heaven by Led Zeppelin - as a dreamer this song speaks volumes and the band Seven Sisters.  I recently started listening to them a metal band with some interesting lyrics. 

Thanks for visiting - I took creative liberties and put my own spin on things...

20 comments:

  1. Your poem is more hopeful than the song you based it on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, we need light when our shadows taller than our souls….makes me wonder..

      Delete
  2. Lovey poem Truedesss
    Much 💚love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gillenna HappyWednesday to you!

      Delete
  3. AnonymousJune 14, 2023

    I love Stairway to heaven, and as Kim says, your homage is mystical. (Jane here)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Kim, Stairway to Heaven one of many favorites. Did you ever listen to Plant’s songs from Lullaby and The Ceaseless Roar?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very well done, Turedessa.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, yes, yes! The Led rocked in the 60s, their music rocks still. Love your poetic tribute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Helen, Their music will live on through many generations

      Delete
  7. Truedessa, I love how you wove Stairway to Heaven with Seven Sisters, which sounds mystical to me. You bring the song back to life and open up the heavens to possibilities with your poem. Favorite line: "if love heals, why do I still carry the scars." Your question shifts perspective in a profound way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks The prompt was fun. I guess scars are a reminder of what once was, but a wound has yet to heal. I am always pondering

      Delete
  8. Music takes us to other worlds...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Stairway to Heaven and the poem it inspired. On the Tall Tree Trail near here, there is a fallen giant named the stairway to heaven tree. It is on its side, lying upward on a hill and it is very wide, so you can walk up it like a ladder to the stars. I did that once. A beautiful poem which would make a wonderful song.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That tree sounds amazing, it must have been a great experience walking up it!

      Delete
  10. AnonymousJune 15, 2023

    I love this, True. There're beautiful lyrics all the way through it.
    Sandra sandracox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am only recently getting serious about writing poetry and this weaving together of songs has been technically instructive but first an foremost a great poem to read and enjoy...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the idea of hearing the stars! This is beautiful Truedessa!

    ReplyDelete