Thursday, October 5, 2023

Rolling with the Hills

Vincent van Gogh, Mountains at Saint-Rémy, Saint-Rémy-de-Provence, July 1889. Oil on canvas, 28 11/16 x 36 1/4 inches (72.8 x 92 cm)

Mountains at Saint-Rémy (Montagnes à Saint-Rémy)Vincent Van Gogh

Life is full of rolling hills
mountains are the hardest to climb
perhaps, it’s the altitude that brings chills

 Each step of desperation
courage comes from tribulation
nature a breath of inspiration
we are connected with creation

Life is full of rolling hills
Miss- Understood stands before me
listening to the mockingbird’s trill

 The sky a shade of melancholic blue
I guess, it depends on your point of view
you gave me a mountain, what am I to do
shine some rays of light to see me through

 Perhaps, we’re all just a work of art
trying to figure out the pieces of our heart
enjoy the beauty before it falls apart

Written for whatsgoingon
hosted by Susan writing about ‘hills’

&

written for desperate poets
hosted by Brendan - writing about desperate beauty

Thank you for reading

17 comments:

  1. Hi Truedessa - this is delightful ... so appropriate for today - I do wonder what we are ... love the image together with the words ... Miss Understood - so clever ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hilary, sometimes I feel misunderstood…

      Delete
  2. That last part is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alex, perhaps its the imperfections that made it perfect.

      Delete
  3. This is lovely, Truedessa. The mountain is hard to climb indeed. We may never reach the top but just keep climbing. I like how you highlight that we are all part of creation, and the conclusion makes such a valid and valuable point! So glad to see you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary, thank you for your kind comment. It is nice to have another poetry community. Appreciate what you ladies are doing.

      Delete
  4. "you gave me a mountain, what am I to do
    shine some rays of light to see me through"...How I love the lines! Such a delightful poem!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sumana, a little light can go far

      Delete
  5. "Shine some rays of light to see me through." What a beautiful poem. It gets tiring, climbing. Yet it's the only way to get there. I love this poem, True.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my friend. The climb can be exhausting but, it's the only way to reach the summit.

      Delete
  6. Love the rhyming in this, it just trips along! JIM

    ReplyDelete
  7. I met someone at university, oh so many decades ago, who declared he was going to live his life, as a work of art. perhaps he succeeded. perhaps we might, still ~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this, especially that third stanza, and the ending. Here, as in Vincent's painting, mountains are so much more than just elevated rock--they're alive with beauty, waiting for us to uncover.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like your poem stuffed with so many rhyming words. Life is like that.
    annell SomethingsIThinkAbout-annell

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great way to see beauty as it is given.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nicely done. Love the melancholic blue.
    Sandra sandracox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete