Thursday, August 27, 2026

Blood Moon Sings a Forgotten Tune

courtesy of Pixabay Placidplace

Tonight, I wait for the blood moon
shining its crimson color over earth
listening to the eerie call of a loon

In the shadows lurks, a time of change 
guard your sacred dreams in the night
they may be swallowed or rearranged

The moon controlling the rhythmic sea
and I howling with the rising and falling tide
tugging at my heart a song longs to be free

In the darkness there is a deep silence
a pause to contemplate my next words
searching the heavens for divine guidance

The dusty veil between the worlds thins
opening a dream, singing a forgotten tune
in this mysterious place, a new verse begins

linking with dVerse Poets Pub - Open Link Night 
hosted by Grace

26 comments:

  1. A sight to behold - the blood moon. Love the singing a forgotten tune in the mysterious place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Grace the blood moon is mysterious.

      Delete
  2. This is beautiful and very mystical. Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. It was suppose to be a clear sky but, a storm rolled in so it was lost beyond the clouds.

      Delete
  4. Very nice imagery! The blood moon and the loon immediately pulled me into this. I love the idea of the veil thinning between worlds, especially ending with “a new verse begins.” Beautifully mystical. Muxch love 🧡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cara for visiting and commenting. much appreciated.

      Delete
  5. I like the renewal in the last stanza. A new verse begins...

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful, ethereal poem for such a wondrous event.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These lines spoke to me, Truedessa:
    ‘The moon controlling the rhythmic sea
    and I howling with the rising and falling tide
    tugging at my heart a song longs to be free’
    and
    ‘The dusty veil between the worlds thins
    opening a dream, singing a forgotten tune
    in this mysterious place, a new verse begins’.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim, thank you for your thoughtful comment. I always enjoy reading them.

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. I was so excited at the possibility to view it but, the weather had another plan. A terrible storm rolled in and I think a tornado touched down up north.

      Delete
  9. The moon creates a liminal pull that draws out poems - wonderful, Truedessa...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, the moon seems to entice the muse to write.

      Delete
  10. The moon, the sea, the loon, all of these facets given in verses and still a next verse is coming

    Bravo

    Much love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gillena! The next verse is always waiting in the shadows.

      Delete
  11. In the darkness there is a deep silence a pause to contemplate my next words searching the heavens for divine guidance

    Very familiar start to creating our poems True! We fall back to the ways treaded and out comes a masterpiece here! Wonderful lines and a long poem as always!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hank, I think all poets thing along the same vein of thought. I do long a poem of many verses. haha

      Delete
  12. Truedessa, the atmosphere you, as led by the blood moon, have conjured is truly eerie. It puts me in an altered reality, captured by the draw of the moon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah, that moon is mysterious and moves us in unknown ways.

      Delete
  13. Dreams do have a life of their own. Well done, Truedessa.
    I liked this line...
    ...and I howling with the rising and falling tide...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dwight, dreams indeed have a life of their own, yet giving us clues to take us in our waking lives.

      Delete