Thursday, January 4, 2018

Breathing in Silence

photo credit unknown















I pause afraid to breathe you in... again...
   knowing you will take my breath... away
     entwining myself in the rhythm of your words

With each inhalation; to the count of eight...
   syllables... my lungs expanding; breathing you...
       deeper into my soul...
     
With each exhalation, emptiness... 
  feeling the space..I long for you to fill..
      in my heart and
             dreams...

I fear I'll awaken and the enchantment will be
 gone.........poetic verses and songs echoing
  through my inner chambers...
    lingering thoughts of who we were/are in this
      realm of life...

knights... dragons.... rose gardens
   sword of thorns and beauty
    crest of rosettes upon my breast...
      remembering; a love untouched...

breathing in the silence of night....

posted for dVerse
writing poetry incorporating pauses//silence
hosted by Bjorn

Author's note:  dVerse has put together an Anthology
I am honored to be featured along with so many talented
poets from around the world. 

It is available now on Amazon




 


32 comments:

  1. Wonderful write! I could hear and feel the breathes - the pauses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a deep love.......so beautiful the knights and dragons and rose gardens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry,

      Well, you know I have a thing for knights and dragons :)

      Delete
  3. Oh I love those pauses... they add so much to the text... lovely

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bjorn for an intriguing prompt.

      Delete
  4. That is sure some breathing in that would be adventurous, or just sweat inducing lol I mean dragons make things hot with their fire, right? Congrats on getting into the anthology too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha - I guess dragons are a bit fiery so, I guess you might be right.

      Delete
  5. Now that is a rich description of love.
    Congratulations on the anthology!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Each breath should not be the last but the beginning of something unique and divine. Such a delightful read, best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Best Wishes to you as well, as we enter into a new beginning

      Delete
  7. You echo my thoughts, my feelings, my love... May the magic continue, not wither away, believe it, live it, be it, what is living without love.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on the publication of your poems, it's truly wonderful, and I believe, well deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that last line. And the last stanza.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jane, to be honest that is my favorite part as well.

      Delete
  10. I like this part: "I fear I'll awaken and the enchantment will be
    gone." I sometimes want to write things down fast enough so that the enchantment isn't forgotten.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Frank,

      It would be a sad day to wake up and feel the magic has somehow disappeared.

      Delete
  11. Hi Truedessa ! Absolutely love this, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gloria, How are you? It's been some time since I've visited your blog.

      Delete
  12. Howdy True,

    And the silence, tangible in the dreams we breath.

    Nice prose and cherished like the fleeting scent of a rose.

    Thank you for your thoughtful poem, Truedessa.

    Gary 😃

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gary for your thoughtful comment, nice to see you again!

      Delete
  13. To me this lovely verse captures the essence of love. It reminds me very much of someone I loved long ago and lost. After we broke up, I sometimes studied late in the grad lab that six of us shared, including him. When no one was there I would hold my former love's coat (which he often left on his chair) and breathe in the smell of him. It would shred my heart. Then when others were around, including him, I would have to pretend I didn't give a damn. Your words always invoke such memories for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Fundy,

      Thanks for sharing that story. Sometimes, we pretend to protect ourselves. I feel a bit sad stirring up this memory for you.

      Delete
  14. Hope he's wearing a deodorant :PPP

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Truesdessa - certainly some wonderful weaving of words that ring so true to life ... congratulations - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete