Sunday, October 6, 2019

Backbone of My Soul

The Weight of Groans” Photography by Julie de Waroquier

I carry the weight of your cries
the bow of heartbreak and loss
vibrate across my spine
and neck

We are connected as one
to resonate with my song
you must embrace my
body whole

For you I sing in an
unspoken language
bare the backbone of
my soul

In the light vulnerable
caught in a solo moment
there is a silent interlude
of hope



Written for
The Sunday Muse

author's note:
Caribbean Blues
is a Cello Piece
enjoy, it really is hauntingly beautiful


10 comments:

  1. What a beautiful poem, True. "We are connected as one....for you I sing in an unspoken language"....and I love that interlude of hope at the end.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely writing here Truedessa from the title to the closing lines of hope. We are connected as one indeed! I agree the Cello is hauntingly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We always lift our voices in hope. Lovely poem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a connection can lift one up in those silent interludes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Strong yet tender interpretation of the image True — well written.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "the bow of heartbreak and loss
    vibrate across my spine
    and neck"

    There is such a mournful aspect to this. Wonderful, Truedessa!

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Caught in a solo moment" enraptured with that thought. One cannot play without the other. They need each other in order to create sound.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the silent interlude of hope, as well as singing in an unknown language. Lovely writing, Truedessa!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the silent new interlude of hope. Great writing!

    ReplyDelete